MailChimp Module Support and Troubleshooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MailChimp Module Support and Troubleshooting

The id's on those fields do not match those on the OCST page. Can I safely change those without breaking anything?

Comment

is it possible if mailchimp gets bill email and bill name instead of ship name and ship email?

Comment

im integrating mailchimp with our miva site, i noticed that the mailchimp gets the ship name and ship email. Is it possible if we can get the billto name and bill email instead of shipping. Thanks

Comment

im integrating mailchimp with our miva site, i noticed that the mailchimp gets the ship name and ship email. Is it possible if we can get the billto name and bill email instead of shipping. Thanks

Comment

Yes, I was able to do this by modifying the Mailchimp javascript file: mailchimp-js.js.

Change the following code:
            Code:
            function mailchimp_checkbox(){

//set variables
            		var isChecked =	 $('input[name=newsletter]:checked').val();
            		var shippingEmail = $('#ShipEmail').val();
            		var shippingFirstName = $('#ShipFirstName').val();
            		var shippingLastName = $('#ShipLastName').val();
            to:
            Code:
            function mailchimp_checkbox(){

//set variables
            		var isChecked =	 $('input[name=newsletter]:checked').val();
            		var shippingEmail = $('#BillEmail').val();
            		var shippingFirstName = $('#BillFirstName').val();
            		var shippingLastName = $('#BillLastName').val();

Comment

I am setting up the Mailchimp checkbox on a site, but for some reason it is not showing the messages "Your are already subscribed to our mailing list." and "Successfully Subscribed" and "You have been removed from our email list" in the white box. The loading graphic is working, but there is no message showing after that.

Comment

Hey afiumano,

Do you happen to see any javascript errors in the console? I believe those messages are controlled through the javascript along with the loading graphic. If the loading graphic works fine, and if there are no javascript errors in the console, my next bet would be a conflicting CSS rule.

If you link me to the front end of your site, I would be more then happy to take a look and see if I can pick out what is going on.

Comment

Hey afiumano,

Do you notice any Javascript errors in your console when viewing the page? The messages are driven by the Javascript in the Advanced Settings section, along with the loading graphic. Since the loading graphic works fine, and if there is no Javascript errors, my next hunch would be a conflicting CSS rule causing the message to be hidden.

Can you provide me with a link to the front end of your site? I would be more then happy to take a closer look and see if there is anything I can find.

Comment

This is the only javascript error I saw in the console "SCRIPT5009: 'slow' is undefined mailchimp-js.js, line 67 character 33" But that could be causing the issue - do you know what that means?

Here is a link to the site: http://www.virgilsart.com/SFNT.html

Thanks.

Comment

Hey afiumana,

I do believe that is the issue. Taking a closer look, it looks like the javascript error is on this line in the javascript:

setTimeout(function() { $('#' + response_message_id ).css('display','none').fadeOut(slow); }, 7000);

The console is saying 'slow' is undefined because it is expecting 'slow' to be a variable. Looking at JQuery's documentation, it looks like slow should be in quotations to identify it as a string value.

Try replacing the line above with the following:

setTimeout(function() { $('#' + response_message_id ).css('display','none').fadeOut('slow'); }, 7000);

That should fix the error and allow the rest of the javascript to process.

More info on the .fadeOut function can be found here: http://api.jquery.com/fadeOut/

Comment

That error message went away in Chrome's console, but not in IE's: "SCRIPT5009: 'slow' is undefined
                        mailchimp-js.js, line 112 character 37". Now chrome's console is giving me a 404 error on something, but I am not quite sure what.

Comment

Hey afiumano,

It looks like there is another line in the Javascript with the exact same issue. I see the one you changed. If you scroll down a bit further to line 112 of the javascript file you should see another line that looks like this:

setTimeout(function() { $('#' + response_message_id ).css('display','none').fadeOut(slow); }, 7000);

I would suggest trying the same thing as before and replacing this line with the following:

setTimeout(function() { $('#' + response_message_id ).css('display','none').fadeOut('slow'); }, 7000);

I checked the rest of the javascript file and those look like the only two lines with that issue. The rest use number values for the fade functions.

Comment

Thanks, but it still isn't showing the message. Maybe the javascript error was unrelated and it is a css issue?

Comment

I think I found the root of the issue.

I believe I got the same 404 error you mentioned previously, and noticed that you appear to be using a shared SSL. When I change the URL when I'm on OCST to be non-secure, the feedback messages work correctly. Under the shared SSL it appears to have trouble connecting to the following URL:

https://petworth.webnethost.net/mm5/...se&output=json

Looking at the URL for OCST, I notice that the URL includes a virgilsart/ before the mm5. The URL above should read:

https://petworth.webnethost.net/virg...se&output=json

That URL returns the correct json response as opposed to a 404. If you open the Advanced Settings of the Mail Chimp module and take a look at the Javascript section, there are two places where the URL is configured. Lines 24-28 and lines 76-80. They will look like the following:

if( window.location.href.indexOf("https") != -1 ){
                              url = "https://" + window.location.hostname + module_path + "?action=subscribe&api_key=" + api_key + "&id=" + id + "&email_address=" + email + "&merge_vars[FNAME]=" + firstname + "&merge_vars[LNAME]=" + lastname + "&output=json";
                              }else{
                              url = "http://" + window.location.hostname + module_path + "?action=subscribe&api_key=" + api_key + "&id=" + id + "&email_address=" + email + "&merge_vars[FNAME]=" + firstname + "&merge_vars[LNAME]=" + lastname + "&output=json";
                              }

We need to edit the secure version of the filepath to include the virgilsart/ directory in the filepath to work with the shared SSL

Replacing this:
                              url = "https://" + window.location.hostname + module_path + "?action=subscribe&api_key=" + api_key + "&id=" + id + "&email_address=" + email + "&merge_vars[FNAME]=" + firstname + "&merge_vars[LNAME]=" + lastname + "&output=json";

with this:
                              url = "https://" + window.location.hostname+ '/virgilsart' + module_path + "?action=subscribe&api_key=" + api_key + "&id=" + id + "&email_address=" + email + "&merge_vars[FNAME]=" + firstname + "&merge_vars[LNAME]=" + lastname + "&output=json";

should solve the issue.

Comment

Thank you so much! That did the trick.

Comment

Working...
                                X