MailChimp Module Support and Troubleshooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MailChimp Module Support and Troubleshooting

When you check the box it takes the email address from the Shipping Email field and sends it to MailChimp. If the user is already subscribed it will tell you that. If not, it will add them to the list. When you uncheck the box it does the opposite, it will unsubscribe the user from the list. Everything is done in real time based on whether the box is checked on unchecked.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Okay I think I've got your current process. So just to clarify, the box needs to be actively check to do the lookup. So in the scenario of the ACLN customer account page, if we drop that code piece there it's not going to have reached out to Mailchimp to see if they are subscribed and present the box pre-checked if they have already subscribed.
      Jason Fancett
      America's SPA-MART - "Where Spa Owners Shop SMART!"
      Check us out for all of your hot tub needs including spa covers, spa filters, spa chemicals and more.
      Miva Merchant forum users can use coupon code MIVAFORUM to receive $5 off your first order of $30 or more.

Comment

Okay, stupid wishful thinking question on the Ecommerce360 integration. Can we tell Miva to send all the historical sales data to Mailchimp? I understand once you "turn it on" it's sending everything, but is there a way to send all the order history from before the module was installed to Mailchimp Ecommerce360 in a one-time push?
        Jason Fancett
        Check us out for all of your hot tub needs including spa covers, spa filters, spa chemicals and more.
        Miva Merchant forum users can use coupon code MIVAFORUM to receive $5 off your first order of $30 or more.

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
          Yeah that actually won't work. There is a on click JavaScript event that does an AJAX call to send the data to MailChimp. The only solution is a JavaScript one.

I am pretty close on a solution which I will post here as soon as it is tested and ready for production.
          I am definitely interested in this solution, so let me know when it is ready.

Comment

Same here. Let us know when you have something you can share Brennan. Thanks!
            Jason Fancett

Comment

I completely understand this is fairly low priority Brennan, but have you had a chance to finalize your solution on this? I'm hesitant to auto-check it (mainly on the Customer Account page) with javascript as I suggested earlier. I haven't drilled into the Mailchimp API to see if you can look up whether an address is subscribed, but that would be ideal.

Also, any thoughts on uploading sales history pre-module-install to Ecommerce360?

Thanks in advance.
              Jason Fancett

Comment

does this module work yet or should i find another solution?
                Thanks
                Suzanne

__________________________________________________ _______

aGenius Marketing
                800-768-2693
                Web Design & e-Commerce

Comment

Originally posted by agenius View Post
                  does this module work yet or should i find another solution?
                  Thanks
                  Not sure who you're asking ... My module works just fine.

(If you have no idea what I'm talking about, just scroll back a page or so in this thread, or email me.)
                  Kent Multer
                  Magic Metal Productions
                  http://TheMagicM.com
                  * Web developer/designer
                  * E-commerce and Miva
                  * Author, The Official Miva Web Scripting Book -- available on-line:
                  http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...icmetalproducA

Comment

Originally posted by Kent Multer View Post
                    Not sure who you're asking ... My module works just fine.

(If you have no idea what I'm talking about, just scroll back a page or so in this thread, or email me.)
                    No I was asking about the module that this dedicated thread was created for exactly. ie:

"Miva Merchant now offers a free module that allows you to link your Miva Merchant store to your MailChimp account. The module can be downloaded here:

http://www.mivamerchant.com/mailchimp

Suzanne

aGenius Marketing
                    800-768-2693
                    Web Design & e-Commerce

Comment

Our module works fine.
                      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                      CEO
                      Miva, Inc.
                      [email protected]
                      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
                        Our module works fine.
                        Hi Rick, finally did get the module to work. Somehow I ended up with some CDN code in there that prevented it from working properly. (see http://www.mivamerchant.com/mailchimp/module-docs - under "head tag".) Also the code such as var list_id = '&mvte:mailchimp:list_id;'; in that section did not seem to work on its own, I hard-coded it.

I guess I was referring to the ability to have the checkbox selected by default, not necessarily that the module does not work, as it does now that I've ironed out those issues.
                        Suzanne

aGenius Marketing
                        800-768-2693
                        Web Design & e-Commerce

Comment

Sorry Suzanne I didn't mean to make it sound like the Miva Mailchimp module doesn't work. It's actually a really nice implementation. Up the thread we were talking about a little different presentation and Brennan was indulging us.
                          Jason Fancett

Comment

Originally posted by JFancett View Post
                            Sorry Suzanne I didn't mean to make it sound like the Miva Mailchimp module doesn't work. It's actually a really nice implementation. Up the thread we were talking about a little different presentation and Brennan was indulging us.
                            Hey Jason, thanks for the note on that. I did get it to work, and it's fine, and I did understand that selected request. No worries.
                            Suzanne

aGenius Marketing
                            800-768-2693
                            Web Design & e-Commerce

Comment

Glad to see a Miva Module for this!

I believe Mailchimp requires double-optin. Is this still the case using this module? How about for importing our current list over(Aweber+Stone Edge + Miva), still double-optin?

As an alternative to Aweber, and before I learned Mailchimp has a module, we're looking at ONTRAPORT(pricey solution, but a few more sales a month would make it a worthwhile investment). And no double-opt-in, which is nice as we use Stone Edge for fulfillment so ideally would be important our list from the stone edge export.

Comment

Does Miva Merchant currently integrate with Mailchimp's ecommerce360? Couldn't get a real feel for this from reading the thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X