Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storefront Slider Module?

Hey Guys,

There seems to be a lot of interest nowadays to add a Slider to the homepage of ecommerce stores. While there is a great procedure written for this on the Miva Blog, how about a module? I'm sure I'm not the only one who is asked to add a slider to a storefront where the store-owner wants to be able to update and make changes to it themselves via the admin.

Is there enough interest in this for somebody to create a module for it? It would be ideal if it was a Wordpress style module where you could choose the slider style, upload images, enter some text content, add a link url, edit button text etc.

There are plenty of good reasons not to have a storefront slider, but lots of people who want them. I would think there would be a pretty good market for it.

Thoughts?
    Ron Frigon
    Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Re: Storefront Slider Module?

Merchant Fast already as one, although its only one type now.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thanks Bruce,

How does this work? Can you add whatever content/image you like? Or does it only show featured products or best sellers in a category? Can you provide a link to a working example?

Cheers!
      Ron Frigon
      Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Comment

you can use any content you want by using the "featured" products method...just create "products" for each image. not sure i have a list handy since there are several features in FAST and I am not sure who is using what features.
        Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Bruce, do you have a website for Merchant Fast? A google search for 'merchant fast' brought-up gateway providers and such.
          Trent Studios, LLC
          Graphic Design, Website Design
          TrentStudios.com
          (970) 568-8652

Comment

Cway, we've discontinued this module as many of its features are built in, and most folks would rather spend five hours poking around in templates than spend $40 bucks on a module.
            Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
            X