Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need "Order within the next X hours and your order ships today" mod.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A quick google search brings up several jQuery based count-down timers from simple to eloquent (if not complex)...that'd be the way to go since you'd want the actual timer to count down on the finished web page.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
      A quick google search brings up several jQuery based count-down timers from simple to eloquent (if not complex)...that'd be the way to go since you'd want the actual timer to count down on the finished web page.
      Thanks Bruce, I think I'm better off postponing that for now and just display something simpler.

Example:

Code:
      IF WEEKDAY BEFORE 3:00 PM ET
            "Order before 3:00 PM ET and your order ships today!"
      ELSE
            "Ships next business day!"
      ENDIF
      Now I just have to figure out how to do it.

It sure would be nice if someone post a collection of common snippets samples like when Dominant Designs use to back in the day.
      Last edited by William Davis; 11-12-16, 11:44 AM.
      Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

The problem with something like this is that, while not complex, the point by point placement and tagging would have so many variables as to make a sample or how to pretty complex. An integrator/developer should be able to drop this in less than an hour.

And the down side is then your customers are sitting there trying to do math and remember their time zones :)
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
          The problem with something like this is that, while not complex, the point by point placement and tagging would have so many variables as to make a sample or how to pretty complex. An integrator/developer should be able to drop this in less than an hour.

And the down side is then your customers are sitting there trying to do math and remember their time zones :)
          Bruce, I'm all for being productive, and sometimes it just makes sense to hire someone to do things. I know how to do an oil change on my car, but I would not waste any time doing it, in my particular case it would be far more productive for me to pay someone to do it.

But there are certain things that are impracticable and/or unfeasible to have done for you. I'm sure there are somethings you do in your business and/or home that you could pay someone else to to it yet you chose to do it yourself for the same reasons.

Perhaps this is not the best example that comes to mind, but its like you hiring someone to change a light bulb in your closet, or putting a new roll of toilet paper in your the bathroom. Writing conditionals statements in MM4.24c (10 years ago) was like changing a light bulb (at least for me it was), the latest and greatest version of MIVA is not!
          Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Working...
          X