We are having problems with a few images that have very hot colors like magentas and oranges in them.
The GD Library seems to be squashing those colors and so those images look muddy.
On our old store where we spun our own stepchild version of imagemachine but used imagemagik instead of gdlibrary
and this problem doesn't happen.
I saw a this gd-library color problem mentioned on stackoverflow several times. it was even posted again just a few days ago.
One solution was to change the imagecreate() function to imagecreatetruecolor().
I am wondering which one Miva implemented for imagemachine.
And can it be changed?
We have quite a few products in 'hot' colors like hot pink, bright magenta and translucent pink and orange products
that this is happening to.
We even testing using both 80% and also 100% uncompressed source images to upload and playing with the store compression settings changing it from our default or 85% to 90%. No combination helped.
I'm pretty sure it's the gdlibrary underlying imagemachine that is causing this.
Is there some way to add some flags to the resizing calls that imagemachine is making?
The GD Library seems to be squashing those colors and so those images look muddy.
On our old store where we spun our own stepchild version of imagemachine but used imagemagik instead of gdlibrary
and this problem doesn't happen.
I saw a this gd-library color problem mentioned on stackoverflow several times. it was even posted again just a few days ago.
One solution was to change the imagecreate() function to imagecreatetruecolor().
I am wondering which one Miva implemented for imagemachine.
And can it be changed?
We have quite a few products in 'hot' colors like hot pink, bright magenta and translucent pink and orange products
that this is happening to.
We even testing using both 80% and also 100% uncompressed source images to upload and playing with the store compression settings changing it from our default or 85% to 90%. No combination helped.
I'm pretty sure it's the gdlibrary underlying imagemachine that is causing this.
Is there some way to add some flags to the resizing calls that imagemachine is making?
Comment