Current Stock / Stock in Baskets problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Current Stock / Stock in Baskets problem

I was not able to find the option in our MV9 dev store.
    Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

What were you looking for you in your V9 Dev site that you couldn't find?
      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
      CEO
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Bill, thanks for the input.

I understand what you are proposing but I'd ponder this (though differ to your experience in the NOS field). Doing what you propose MIGHT work as you imagine, but for a lot of my other clients, I fear this would back-fire and piss off both the person considering the purchase and the customer 'waiting around' for maybe a chance. The internet was designed to allow people to work on THERE time frame.

So, while I could see a feature like you propose to be of use in some instances, I don't think it would work for the majority of store owners (and we have to build things that work for MOST or charge and hefty premium).

But again, my perspective. Understand if your specific situation is different.
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
          What were you looking for you in your V9 Dev site that you couldn't find?
          How do we see "Stock in baskets".
          Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
            Bill, thanks for the input.

I understand what you are proposing but I'd ponder this (though differ to your experience in the NOS field). Doing what you propose MIGHT work as you imagine, but for a lot of my other clients, I fear this would back-fire and piss off both the person considering the purchase and the customer 'waiting around' for maybe a chance. The internet was designed to allow people to work on THERE time frame.

So, while I could see a feature like you propose to be of use in some instances, I don't think it would work for the majority of store owners (and we have to build things that work for MOST or charge and hefty premium).

But again, my perspective. Understand if your specific situation is different.
            You are correct on both points, however "The internet was designed to allow people to work on THERE time frame." though true for the most part, auction site such as eBay has built an empire from vigilant shoppers waiting/timing for the right moment to bid on an items right before auction expire, they even use apps (e.g.: EZ Sniper, etc...) to facilitate same.

As to pissing someone off, again I agree with you, we should always try to avoid that whenever possible, but not to the point of diminishing returns. Getting some people upset is sometimes unavoidable and unfortunately necessary, similar to companies needing to adjust their prices and services like MIVA and their developers have done in order to provide better service.

I think our mutual ideas benefits all parties, both shoppers and merchant in any or at least most industries, but more so mine as you suggested. I would not be bothered if I was either one of the shoppers in our example, and I don't believe anyone else for that matter would mine also. Personally, I can't imagine a situation wherein if I were either one of those two shoppers that I would be bothered.

If I were the first shopper, I would be grateful to notified that someone else has expressed an interest in the last item I took off the shelf. Think how upset you would be if you were browsing for an item during your lunch break, and decided to purchase the item later when you get home only to find out someone else beat you to it.

If I where the second shopper having either a difficult time finding the same item and/or price, I would be grateful at an opportunity to buy the item should it presents itself by being notified by email and/or text.

As a merchant, why would I not be happy.

That is the rule of survival in both the wild and business (...though I think both wild and business are the same, are they not?).

But the best thing is, a gifted developer such as yourself could probably develop one solution that give merchants the option to configure to their needs -I often wonder if MIVA and/or developers incorporate any kind of configuration analytics to measure module's performance, and use and effectiveness similar to browser telemetry, I would. Of course that all depends on the information being collected, that is another thread.
            Last edited by William Davis; 01-08-15, 06:58 AM.
            Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Working...
            X