Ghost of Latu Widgets Haunts my Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghost of Latu Widgets Haunts my Store

When I click on View VAR List --> View All Tokens (for all pages I've tried), all I get is this dump:

Code:
    { "success":    0, "error_code":    "MER-UTIL-TKNL-00021", "error_message":    "JSON_Save_Template_Source_To_Temporary_File: Function miva_template_compile Failed with error latu_widgets is not in the list of valid items on file: latu-widgets-footer-demo1.mvc" }
    I used to have Latu Widgets installed. I just spent 30 minutes trying to locate any vestiges of it but I can find none. No Items, no module.

Has anyone else had this problem and/or have a solution?

Thanks

Kevin Garrett

Re: Ghost of Latu Widgets Haunts my Store

Is there still display items within the template code calling in widgets? If it is every page, I would say it is something global.

Comment

going to guess that's its also in a footer area, since someone gave it a name indicating such:

latu-widgets-footer-demo1.mvc
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

I went back through the version history for a few pages and found "<mvt:item name="latu_widgets" param="tool-tip" /> " and "<mvt:item name="latu_storehelper" param="global" />" in versions labeled "Modified by update 'production-5'". So it would seem that the "View VAR List --> View All Tokens" is not only looking at the current page version, but older ones as well. The problem is -- Miva does not purge that version when I click on "Clear History." I guess it's protected.

So if that IS what is causing my problem, I need to find a way to clear the versions that have been modified by the Production 5 release.

Kevin Garrett

Comment

A reference to an item in a previous template version should have no effect, unless you try to restore that version. And, AFAIK, you cannot delete a template version that has been modified by a Merchant upgrade.

Also, since Widgets could be called from anywhere, you might need to more digging.
          Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Hey Bruce, isn't this when you provide one of your shameless plugs for a handy module of yours <grin>.

I thought I heard of a new module that would trace html output. Would the module work for his situation?
            http://www.alphabetsigns.com/

Comment

If you are referring to Template GPS, perhaps, that's why I asked is there was anything being dumped to the browser. Template GPS won't show help if there is no output from the Widget.

But, if all you want is a shameless plug: our new Template GPS module automatically tags every editable template with an HTML comment tag. For example:

Code:
              <!-- Begin Global Header -->

template content

<!-- End Global Header -->
              Now, when you view the source of your page code in a browser, you can clearly see where content comes from.

Of course, Template GPS can also remove these comments if you no longer need them and put them back in when you need them.
              Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

I have made some progress on this. It seems to be caused by a template having a reference to an Item and that Item no longer exists (as in the case of Latu) or the Item is not turned on for the Page template.

I used the phpMyAdmin to search my database for "latu." I found that there were still in existence Page templates that were installed by Latu Widgets (footer demo, etc.) I nulled out the contents of those pages through the phpMyAdmin. I reckoned that changing the contents of a template would be "relatively" safe.

Then I clicked on View VAR List --> View All Tokens and got:

{ "success": 0, "error_code": "MER-UTIL-TKNL-00021", "error_message": "JSON_Save_Template_Source_To_Temporary_File: Function miva_template_compile Failed with error cattree is not in the list of valid items on file: sbnz-ctgy-1190164285-template.mvc" }

Ah. So there are multiple issues here, but Miva naturally chokes on the first one, which I fixed. Now for the next error. I found that the Sebenza Category Template Manager template ID 1190164285 had a reference to the cattree Item, which I had turned off. I don't use the standard category tree, but the code was still in one of the original Sebenza Templates. I removed the reference in the template to the Item. So now that's OK.

Then I clicked on View VAR List --> View All Tokens and got:

{ "success": 0, "error_code": "MER-UTIL-TKNL-00021", "error_message": "JSON_Save_Template_Source_To_Temporary_File: Function miva_template_compile Failed with error cattree is not in the list of valid items on file: sbnz-prod-1190164600-template.mvc" }

And here is where I am stuck. Using phpMyAdmin, I cannot find Sebenza template ID 1190164600. All of my existing templates are there under s01_SS_PROD_templates, but not that one. Additionally, the cattree Item is turned on in the PROD page, which is where the Items are turned on and off for the Sebenza Product Template Manager. So it shouldn't be a problem anyway. I do have the current version of the Sebenza Product Template Manager, which has not been updated since 6/1/10.

Kevin Garrett

Comment

I don't think Template GPS will help with this, but it sounds useful so I'm going to buy it.

Kevin

Comment

Prior to Miva Merchant requiring proper module requiring procedures in later versions, it wasn't difficult to get modules hung up in there. Latu.net modules be extremely out of date and no longer supported, this definitely compounds the issue. Quickest fix might be to reinstall the mod, then go through proper removal procedures, ie. remove any template items/code, unassign item from all pages/delete item, disable module under Utilities, then remove the module from the store. I would refrain from doing this via database, unless you are sure of what you are doing.

Comment

I had considered that. Sounds like a good idea. However, that probably will not fix the current issue I have uncovered, which involves the Sebenza Product Template Manager, which is currently installed and in use (not sure if you saw my earlier post today).

Thanks.

Kevin

Comment

Yeah, same issue with the Sebenza Cattree module. I would reinstall/then properly uninstall. I know that mod has been discontinued, but I still have a copy if you can dig it up. Just contact me off list if needed.

Comment

Oh. I had thought that was the standard Miva category tree Item. I didn't realize it was the Sebenza module Item.

I have every module I ever bought (I think), so that shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for the info.

Kevin Garrett

Comment

Turns out that the Sebenza Cattree module is still installed and active (although unassigned). I re-assigned it and now the "View All Tokens" button works.

Thanks for your help.

Kevin Garrett
                            Last edited by kwgarrett; 10-23-13, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X