Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sebenza out of business? - Gift certificate module suggestions

Bruce,

I'll paste below what I put into the Sebenza ticket. Maybe someone has had this issue before.

-Kevin

Just installed Ultimate gift Certificates. I added the redeem field to the OSEL page at the top. The field appears to be working fine.

I adjusted the OPAY page to include the if/else statements on hiding the payment method if the gift cert covers the entire order.

I created a $50 certificate.
    I placed a $27.95 product in my cart.
    I'm checking out with CA sales tax
    My shipping methods are:
    DEFAULT - $3.95
    Priority - $7.75
    Express $30.95

The problem I'm having is:

1) The math isn't being done correctly. If I don't change the shipping method, the resulting OPAY page shows a correct zero balance. However, if I choose the $7.75 shipping, even though the gift cert covers the whole cost, I'm showing a 0.01 balance? NOTE: This issue is without the discount module active.

2) My second issue is we use a module called: Discount By Category/Subtotal
    This module automatically applies a discount to the cart as a line item based on the categories of product chosen. In this case we apply a 10% discount of all items in the store.

So for this example, my $27.95 product is in the cart and on the BASK page it auto adds a line item for a -$2.80 bringing the total to $25.15. I apply the $50 gift cert and choose the standard shipping of $3.95. On the resulting OPAY page, the total is zero, however it's a negative zero displayed as ($0.00). This causes the if/else to still show the payment info (credit card).

Is there an issue with this module and the latest version of Miva?
    Web Design and Development, Internet Marketing
    Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

Couple of things (though I haven't had this exact problem).

1) Make sure the gift module item is selected on the BASK/OCST/OSEL/OPAY screens.

2) Make sure the Conditional you are using is testing:

<mvt:if expr="l.settings:toolkit:baskettotal GT 0">

Discounts shouldn't matter as the module deducts from the actual total

That's what I can think of off the top of my head.
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Bruce,

Thanks for taking the time to respond, I appreciate it.

The module item is assigned to all those pages, although their docs only ask for it on the OSEL and OPAY pages. You enter the gift cert number on the OSEL page.

And technically in their docs they use: <mvt:if expr="l.settings:basket:formatted_total EQ '$0.00'"> as the conditional. Although I tried the toolkit one with no change.

When you enter the gift cert number, the OSEL page reloads and you see the cert as a line item in the cart. This page usually has a negative balance because the module anticipates the shipping method, and it knows if tax is included.

When you click to go to the OPAY page, that's where the calculation is wrong. Seems that if the order exceeds the gift cert amount, meaning the customer would use the entire amount....the calculation is correct.

However, if they are only using a partial amount of the gift card, that's where the module is calculating something incorrectly and it's usually giving a 0.01 cent balance to the order, even though the line items if I manually add them up, all add to zero.

That's why I was wondering if maybe the module didn't work with the latest version of Miva (the module has been updated since 2012).

-Kevin
        Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

And as another followup......I've disabled that discount module and still get weird calculations.

Sometimes it shows the total fine, other times I get that 0.01 balance. This is with both the discount module on and off.

So I have no idea and little faith right now. Can't have a module that doesn't always work.

-Kevin
          Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

How have you disabled the module? That doesn't add up that you are seeing a rounding issue with the module disabled. Wondering if you have something else at play here...

Comment

Also, can you tell me what version of the module is installed. There was a rounding issue resolved some time back, but if you have the latest version installed, that should not exist. (wondering if the latest version is actually up on their server or not, where you may have gotten an older one)

Probably grasping at straws, but trying to help :)

Comment

As for the Discount module, I've done both: turned it off in the module itself, so that it didn't calculate anything. I also de-activated it from Global settings.

Still can get a rounding error.

It's very specific, it only has the error at certain amounts. Some combos of products cause the rounding error, while others don't. Each time however, the actual line items in the cart are correct....it's just the total is wrong.

The Sebenza gift cert module I have is:
                Ultimate Gift Certificates MIVA Module Development
                Version 5.31 Tue Sep 11 17:26:05 MDT 2012

According to their release notes page, that's the current version.

-Kevin
                Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

So you completely disabled/deactivated under Modules and are still getting the rounding issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Glendale Designs View Post
                    So you completely disabled/deactivated under Modules and are still getting the rounding issue?
                    Yes, I've done both. First was deactivating the module via the module's admin page.
                    Second I unchecked Active under Global Settings -> Modules for that discount module.

In both cases, I can still get the rounding error on certain cart configs. Doesn't happen all the time. Seems to need a certain subtotal in the cart, that is still less than the gift cert total to cause the rounding issue.

-Kevin
                    Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

Hmmm, disabling under Modules would basically strip any interaction that module has on the checkout process. I think you have something else going on. Alternative would be to completely remove that module, however you are going to lose any settings/data. If you still get a rounding issue after removal, I guarantee something else is the culprit.

Comment

Originally posted by lancermedia View Post
                        Bruce,
                        And technically in their docs they use: <mvt:if expr="l.settings:basket:formatted_total EQ '$0.00'"> as the conditional. Although I tried the toolkit one with no change.
                        Hmm, don't know what their docs say but in general, you should never use a "formatted" result in a conditional. Just use "l.settings.basket:total GT 0"

When you click to go to the OPAY page, that's where the calculation is wrong. Seems that if the order exceeds the gift cert amount, meaning the customer would use the entire amount....the calculation is correct.

However, if they are only using a partial amount of the gift card, that's where the module is calculating something incorrectly and it's usually giving a 0.01 cent balance to the order, even though the line items if I manually add them up, all add to zero.
                        Do you have Token Viewer enabled? If so, search for basket:charge...I'm beginning to suspect there is some other module adding basket charge value that is making Gift Cert balk.
                        Bruce Golub
                        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                        phosphormedia.com

Comment

That's the point. He has disabled the discount module so the only other module affecting the subtotal is the gift certificate. I am assuming a tax module is not involved. If there is a tax module kicking in, select a state address that does not trigger tax collection.
                          Bill Weiland - Emporium Plus http://www.emporiumplus.com/store.mvc
                          Online Documentation http://www.emporiumplus.com/tk3/v3/doc.htm
                          Question http://www.emporiumplus.com/mivamodu...vc?Screen=SPTS
                          Facebook http://www.facebook.com/EmporiumPlus
                          Twitter http://twitter.com/emporiumplus

Comment

Do not use formatted total. ($0.00) is different from $0.00. Just use the raw total GT 0. If it is 0 or less, then a payment module is not needed.
                            Bill Weiland - Emporium Plus http://www.emporiumplus.com/store.mvc
                            Online Documentation http://www.emporiumplus.com/tk3/v3/doc.htm
                            Question http://www.emporiumplus.com/mivamodu...vc?Screen=SPTS
                            Facebook http://www.facebook.com/EmporiumPlus
                            Twitter http://twitter.com/emporiumplus

Comment

So, like I said....this rounding error is specific to certain amounts. I can place certain items in the cart and not have the error, whereas others will always have the error.

So I've been trying in a dev store, and I have 2 specific cases where I get the rounding error:

1) Place product #1 in cart alone.....this causes the rounding error of 0.01
                              2) Place product #2 and #3 in cart.....this causes the rounding error of (0.01) a negative 1 cent.

What's interesting is.....my test user has a ship to state of CA. We charge 7.750% tax on CA orders. If I switch this user to AZ for example so no tax is charged.....in both of the above cases, the calculation is correct.

This is without the discount module.

When I enable the 10% discount and rerun both those scenarios above.....the module calculates fine for both CA with tax and AZ without.

BUT.....

With the discount module enabled and using a third scenario of placing item #4 in cart alone, doesn't matter if I checkout with or w/o tax.....both have a rounding error.

Head spinning yet? Mine is ;-)

-Kevin
                              Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
                                Hmm, don't know what their docs say but in general, you should never use a "formatted" result in a conditional. Just use "l.settings.basket:total GT 0"
                                I have changed to use that conditional. I agree...not sure why anyone would check based off of a formatted value?

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
                                Do you have Token Viewer enabled? If so, search for basket:charge...I'm beginning to suspect there is some other module adding basket charge value that is making Gift Cert balk.
                                I'm looking at this now.

-Kevin
                                Last edited by lancermedia; 12-12-13, 02:08 PM.
                                Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

Working...
                                X