Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sebenza out of business? - Gift certificate module suggestions

Kevin,

Yea, tax modules are the only ones I know of that use 3 digit precision...and yea bill, sorry should have been more explicit... I was thinking about modules that effect Basket:charges...not just "discount" modules in general.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
      Do you have Token Viewer enabled? If so, search for basket:charge...I'm beginning to suspect there is some other module adding basket charge value that is making Gift Cert balk.
      Good suggestion....always forget about that. After looking, I don't see any weird charge in token viewer that would cause the 0.01 overage. Same as basket....all the math on the page is correct....it's just the total, something is putting the 0.01 in there.

Since it doesn't happen all the time, I'm guessing whatever is causing the rounding error needs certain values in the cart.

-Kevin
      Web Design and Development, Internet Marketing
      Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

As for the tax.....selecting a no tax state works when the discount module isn't active.

However, when the discount module is active, even choosing a no tax state can cause the issue.

So I do think this is just a math rounding problem somewhere. We've never had an issue with the Discount module, and we've used that for years.

-Kevin
        Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

Any module used in checkout should be the latest version. Double check all the versions. (discount, gift certificate, shipping, etc)
          Bill Weiland - Emporium Plus http://www.emporiumplus.com/store.mvc
          Online Documentation http://www.emporiumplus.com/tk3/v3/doc.htm
          Question http://www.emporiumplus.com/mivamodu...vc?Screen=SPTS
          Facebook http://www.facebook.com/EmporiumPlus
          Twitter http://twitter.com/emporiumplus

Comment

Originally posted by wcw View Post
            Any module used in checkout should be the latest version. Double check all the versions. (discount, gift certificate, shipping, etc)
            Yup, thought about that. As far as I can tell all modules used are the latest.

We are on the latest Miva: Production Release 8 Update 12
            We use the built in Weight Table shipping.

We also use Minimum or Subtotal Shipping by World Zone which is the latest: 5.0060
            We use Sort Shipping Plus Free Shipping Option which is latest: 5.0320

Our version of toolkit is almost up to date: 5.2710

Tax is built in.

And the gift cert module says it's the latest.

-Kevin
            Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

It's now been 6 days since Scott from Sebenza has said in the ticket (in Sebenza support) that the issue lies with the module and a recent Miva upgrade. He says he's working with Miva on it.

6 days.

Each day I send an email and update the ticket asking for a response. I've even left VM messages at his b7interactive number. I haven't heard anything.

6 days no response.

Developers, stay far away from Sebenza.

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
              They're definitely not out of business, I'll ask Scott to reply.
              Rick - I'll have to disagree with your earlier statement that they aren't out of business. As far as I'm concerned they are. Any company that takes people's money and doesn't provide ANY support shouldn't be in business in the first place.

-Kevin
              Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

I can add a little info, the bug in Scott's module is a floating point calculation bug and Scott finally got me some info today that I provided our Dev team.

We were already familiar with this conceptual issue, so we sent back the code which should help Scott fix his bug, so hopefully he'll have an update for you by tomorrow.
                Last edited by Rick Wilson; 12-19-13, 02:13 PM.
                Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                CEO
                Miva, Inc.
                [email protected]
                https://www.miva.com

Comment

I can add a little info, the bug in Scott's module is a floating point calculation bug and Scott finally got me some info today that I provided our Dev team.

We were already familiar with this conceptual issue, so we sent back the code which should help Scott fix his bug, so hopefully he'll have an update for you by tomorrow.

Rick, thank you and I appreciate your response.

-Kevin
                  Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

Just to update everyone.....it's been almost 35 days since I first opened the ticket and I have had little response from Scott at Sebenza. He has acknowledged the issue and says he's working on it with Miva. However, last update with that info was on 12/20/13 and haven't heard from his since.

At this point I've just about given up. I can't even really recommend to my client that they use this module even it is does get fixed. Imagine the people who have this module deployed and are waiting for a fix (at least we caught it before making it live).

As for Sebenza as a company.....I can only assume it's on life support. I don't hear from Scott, which is fine if he's busy, but I haven't received any responses from anyone else that may or may not work at the company. At this point I'm kind of assuming no one does.

I'm reevaluating any other Sebenza modules we've installed for clients and are looking at alternatives.

I'll update this ticket with the final outcome.....assuming I get one before the world ends.

-Kevin
                    Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

I had a similar rounding error issue with a different coupon module a few years ago and I thought it had been corrected.

In the interim, I had to create a post action to rewrite the basket:charges table from the OSEL page using the toolbelt.
                      http://www.alphabetsigns.com/

Comment

It's on the medium burner.

Right now the front burner is:

V9 launch:

1. New Admin (enormous project)
                        2. Sales, discounts, coupons, timed sales, etc.... also a big project

Separate from V9 launch (as in will launch as a DL module when ready pre V9):

1. Marketplaces support specifically Sell on eBay, Sell on Amazon.

Medium burner is:

1. Gift Certificates (but to do them properly you need split payment which is why we're not just mimicking what's out there already)
                        2. Cool secret stuff we're not talking about

Long burner:

Everything else
                        Rick,

I know there is no way for you to give a timeframe on Miva adding Gift Certificates to the core product.....but do you think your Medium burner is this year 2014? Or do you think this would be pushed to next year?

We would really love to not have to deal with 3rd party on this, so I'm hoping there is a chance it gets added to the core product this year.

-Kevin
                        Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

I would say high, it's a top priority for us to make sure we have built in replacements for this type of thing.
                          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                          CEO
                          Miva, Inc.
                          [email protected]

Comment

I would say high, it's a top priority for us to make sure we have built in replacements for this type of thing.
                            Thanks Rick. I hope we see it this year.

The other things on your list look awesome, and no doubt they are a huge effort to get right.

Looking forward to it all.

-Kevin
                            Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

So I have a lot more info for you on this issue. It took us until late yesterday to get a Dev environment from Sebenza for us to troubleshoot that had this issue replicated.

Once we had that we were able to track it down pretty quickly.

The bad news is that it's a bug in the core of Miva Merchant, so there's nothing (I know of yet) that Sebenza could do to fix it.

The good news is we will be fixing it in our core software, but it won't be until our next update with is V9.
                              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                              CEO
                              Miva, Inc.
                              [email protected]

Comment

So I have a lot more info for you on this issue. It took us until late yesterday to get a Dev environment from Sebenza for us to troubleshoot that had this issue replicated.

Once we had that we were able to track it down pretty quickly.

The bad news is that it's a bug in the core of Miva Merchant, so there's nothing (I know of yet) that Sebenza could do to fix it.

The good news is we will be fixing it in our core software, but it won't be until our next update with is V9.
                                Rick,

I appreciate the work you've put in to track this down. I wish Scott had passed on the Dev store I had setup, you could have used that.

Guessing you don't have a timeframe that you can give for V9?

Again, I appreciate your attention to this matter. Still not pleased in the least with Sebenza.

-Kevin
                                Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

Working...
                                X