"Spend $25, get a free Widget!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Spend $25, get a free Widget!"

I want to offer a free product when customers spend $25 and also enter a coupon code. They can order $25 of anything and then they'll get one specific product that I will specify beforehand. Right now, I use Coupon Redemption, and I have to make a coupon with a $0.01 discount and a $25 minimum order. When my order processing looks at the orders, they'll see the coupon code and add the free product to the customers order.

Is there a better way to do this? The customers won't see the free product being added to their carts. The only thing they'll see is a $0.01 discount, which I imagine can be confusing.

Thanks for any help.
    Doug
    Using Miva Merchant since 2004
    StoreSMART.com

Re: "Spend $25, get a free Widget!"

We got a module for this. The module allows you to specify thresholds and products which get added to the basket. You can configure all of this in the module setting. Contact me offline when interested.
    Andreas Toman
    PCINET, LLC

Miva Merchant Design, Development, Integration & Support
    We built over 200 Miva Merchant stores!
    Miva shopping cart design & integration service and see our Portfolio!

e-mail: [email protected]
    web: www.pcinet.com
    LinkedIn: Andreas Toman
    phone: (786) 250-2056 (Miami, FL)

Comment

Upsell wouldn't work?
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
        Upsell wouldn't work?
        We only want to give the free thing to customers who respond to the promotion. Also,
        we're advertising on Facebook and Twitter, so the use of this coupon codes will help us track who's coming from those places.
        Doug
        StoreSMART.com

Comment

Well then, Upsell wont work :)
          Bruce Golub
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Wont work without some custom coding :( Our module works for all and not somebody specific coming from FB/TW or so.
            Andreas Toman
            PCINET, LLC

Miva Merchant Design, Development, Integration & Support
            We built over 200 Miva Merchant stores!
            Miva shopping cart design & integration service and see our Portfolio!

e-mail: [email protected]
            web: www.pcinet.com
            LinkedIn: Andreas Toman
            phone: (786) 250-2056 (Miami, FL)

Comment

I used coupon redemption over the holidays to do this. Coupon type=Free Product. You can set which product is free and it adds it to the basket when the qualifying purchase has been added and the coupon code has been added.

I recently bought a module from Emporium Plus called "Buy X Get 1 free" and it worked great for me as well. It works differently but works well.
              Maxanne Durkee
              Heavyweight Collections - Premium Heavy T-Shirts
              Facebook, Twitter, Blog

Comment

Originally posted by mdurkee View Post
                I used coupon redemption over the holidays to do this. Coupon type=Free Product. You can set which product is free and it adds it to the basket when the qualifying purchase has been added and the coupon code has been added.

I recently bought a module from Emporium Plus called "Buy X Get 1 free" and it worked great for me as well. It works differently but works well.
                Ah, I wasn't aware of Coupon type=Free Product. That's good to know. But it looks like there has to be a qualifying product in order to get the free product. Well, it's a great start! Thanks!
                Doug
                StoreSMART.com

Comment

Working...
                X