Minor changes to the "Chekout" pages.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minor changes to the "Chekout" pages.

Several years ago, I managed to make a few minor changes to two of the three, "Checkout/Invoice" pages by adding a couple lines of text. That was Version 4.24, but we now have Version 5.5 and wish to do so again. Unfortunately I am a novice and cannot remember how I managed it. Can you explain the easiest way to go about it?

Also, do I need to purchase anything in order to create a second "Address Line" for customers who need more than one line, such as imputing a street AND an apartment number when typing in their address during the order process?

Thanks

Re: Minor changes to the "Chekout" pages.

I've asked support to chime in with specifics.

1. It's easy to do that (far easier in these versions than 4.23), it's under Pages. Support will direct you more specifically.

2. No you don't need a module, it's built in now. It should be on by default, if it's not Support will guide you through adding it.

You should check out these free training resources too, they're excellent: www.mivamerchant.com/videos
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

You can add Address 2 to your billing and shipping fields on all customer account and checkout pages by clicking on your store's name in the lefthand admin menu, then on the Customer Fields tab, and finally by checking the radio button next to Address2 in the "Optional" column on the right, then click Update.

NOTE that this will overwrite all of the content in your customer field forms on ACED, ACAD, and OCST. If you have any custom work done to those pages you will want to make sure those changes either get re-added to your new form, OR revert the version after making the above change and adding the new field to the form manually. If you haven't customized those forms then you don't need to do anything else.
      Kyle Newbrough
      Technical Support / Web Developer
      Miva Merchant

Comment

Thanks Kyle,

There is no Adress2 on the "Customer Fields" tab. I thought it would be there once I updated the program. Any suggestions?

Regarding making other minor text changes; I did slightly customize the form several years ago, but cannot remember which pages to go to in order to change them. Would I find them in the "Pages" section? If so, which ones are they? If not, where should I look?
        Thanks for your help,
        Paul

Comment

Working...
        X