Shopify - Miva Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopify - Miva Comparison

Does anyone out there have any experience with Shopify? I have a client that is looking at it rather than Miva and wondered if anyone had any experience or knew the good bad and ugly compared with Miva.
    Richard Waters

www.MivaWebmaster.com
    [email protected]
    Tel: 541-943-3268

Re: Shopify - Miva Comparison

Client used Shopify and moved to Miva. Interface looked simple and it is a rather limited solution. IMHO
    Last edited by PCINET - Andreas; 01-21-14, 02:34 PM.
    Andreas Toman
    PCINET, LLC

Miva Merchant Design, Development, Integration & Support
    We built over 200 Miva Merchant stores!
    Miva shopping cart design & integration service and see our Portfolio!

e-mail: [email protected]
    web: www.pcinet.com
    LinkedIn: Andreas Toman
    phone: (786) 250-2056 (Miami, FL)

Comment

Andreas, can you provide me that info, we'd love to do a Case Study and promote you and them in the process.

Richard,

I've played with it a lot. They're theme builder is nice and fairly easy and doesn't require knowledge of HTML to get up and running.

Their admin is "pretty" but not designed for many orders per day (if you got 5+ orders a day you'd be super frustrated a lot).

I think the primary difference is their average customers does less than $10k a year in online sales and our average customer does more than $500k a year in online sales, so even though we both serve "Small Businesses" it's a different type of small.
      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
      CEO
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Yea, we need differentiators between "small" as in "Me and my mom" and Small as in < 50 employees. Nothing wrong with Me and Mom...that's where many 'Small businesses' come from...but there's a huge difference between small and Small.
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

A couple other minor notes, on their 2 lower end plans they take a percentage of sales and when it comes to things like Inventory at the Attribute Level, etc... it starts to get hairy.

In addition their default checkout leaves a lot to be desired and I'm not sure how much you can alter that.
          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
          CEO
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]
          https://www.miva.com

Comment

...and, on a major note...they don't have Rick Wilson :)
            Bruce Golub
            Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
            phosphormedia.com

Comment

I agree with Shopify being a limited/entry level solution. We have considered bringing it in as an offering on a few occasions, and it is just not a good fit. The first thing that jumps out is the fact that we simply can't recommend to any client with the potential of scaling their business. While they may save a few bucks in the short term, quick startup, the long term outlook will cost them more when it is all said and done. Basically as their business grows, they will need to switch carts.

Comment

Working...
              X