FedEx Module reveiw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FedEx Module reveiw

I have been setting up the built in FedEx module and after a bit of messing around, I am relieved to say it's very good. The site I enabled it on sells a lot of large and irregular sized products some of which always ship in their own box. The ability to override global settings and give product level dimensions to products is great BUT REMEMBER if you have inventory variants make sure you apply the same dimensions to the variants or else rates will be all over the place.
    I love the ability to import the dimensions and some settings at at the product level - vital feature.
    The module gives way more accurate rates than the Emedia Module. I am not here to dis the company, it has been good, but the returned rates are just not accurate anymore and why we tried out the built in module.

Can anyone at Miva tell me when the next update will be for the module as I think an essentail feature that needs to be added is the ability to enable or disable the "insured value". Currently it is enabled by default and you can't disable it. For small value items, it isn't really an issue, but when you get into the higher ticket items ($300+) especially if multiple items are ordered, the rates then start to diverge.

I must say that it was a relief to see this module working so well - eventually. It has solved a lot of our shipping issues.
    Richard Waters

www.MivaWebmaster.com
    [email protected]
    Tel: 541-943-3268

Re: FedEx Module reveiw

We have to make an update to that module for V9. Feel free to email more details.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Not sure if I should post here about desired features or the Dream Features thread, I will do both.

Enabling or disabling Insured Value.

Multi-box products
      I have a client that has a few products that ship in 3 separate boxes and sometimes more. Having settings at the product level to add more boxes and their dimensions would be great.

Mixed method shipping
      Have the ability to split a single order and ship with different shipping methods. For instance send one item via Fedex freight and others by FedEx Ground. As well as splitting an order between USPS and Fedex for example.

Multiple origination zip codes
      Similar to mixed method shipping; split a single order and ship with different shipping methods, but allow these separate packages to calculate shipping from a different originating zip code.
      Maybe asking a bit much, but this would really help store owners who drop ship from various suppliers.
      Richard Waters

www.MivaWebmaster.com
      [email protected]
      Tel: 541-943-3268

Comment

All 3 of those are on our long term shipping roadmap, FWIW.
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]

Comment

3 1/2 years later......an shipping insurance still not removable?

Comment

I have a client that would like it to be removable too.
            Susan Petracco
            NetBlazon

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Is this the only Fedex module for Miva 9?

Comment

Viking Coders has a module for FedEx as well.
                Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                CEO
                Miva, Inc.
                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                X