Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Site and Support Portal not responding

Hi Folks,

We're still working to resolve this. We’re having an issue with our SAN array. The issue that is happening is similar to a network attack where the servers are up but are not able to respond to visitor requests normally.
    Laura Schindler
    Director of Technical Assistance
    800-608-MIVA (6482)
    http://www.miva.com
    Miva Merchant Technical Assistance Center

Comment

Originally posted by papi34 View Post
      we are also dead in the water. it appears to have been about 6 hours now. must be something nasty!

Tip: suspend your Adwords campaigns until this is fixed.
      Oh! Great idea! suspending now.

Comment

my sites are down too... hopefully it will get resolved soon :)

and I am sure it will......
        Vincent
        www.bimmerzone.com
        Your BMW Parts, Accessories & Performance Zone

Comment

We believe we'll be back up shortly, but due to the nature of it by the time we're ready to announce that we're close, we'll actually be back up.
          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
          CEO
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]
          https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Hood View Post
            might have to change that uptime statement :(
            I guess no new ETA?

Comment

My website is down too. www.treasuresofthesouthwest.com

Thanks,
              Donna
              Donna Bunnell
              Treasures of the Southwest
              www.treasuresofthesouthwest.com

Comment

is there an update on this? We're down now, As is everything but this forum it appears? EDIT: sorry, saw the time stamps of earlier messages and didn't realize west coast time.
                Last edited by ballyhoo; 05-22-14, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Our site has been down in the past but not the email as well. We can't even send an email to support, the Miva support website is down and support phone line is busy.

Comment

The nature of this system reset is the ETA is meaningless. It's down and then will be up. We do believe soon and have put all available resources on it.
                    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                    CEO
                    Miva, Inc.
                    [email protected]

Comment

suspend your Adwords campaigns until this is fixed.
                      Careful to note which campaigns are active so later on you only reactivate those accounts, and not previously paused accounts.

(This can be a problem for accounts with hundreds of campaigns.) You can sort by clicks to note which campaigns are active.

You may not want to later go in and select all campaigns and edit $tatu$ to active.
                      http://www.alphabetsigns.com/

Comment

These things happen, its the nature of the business. Amazon, Apple, Blackberry, Google, even the big boys experience it.

We've been on a dedicated server with Hostasaurus since 2002 and the service has always been stellar. I can't count the times my a$$ has been saved by David or Jen due to some bonehead move I made.

This is the worst outage we've ever experienced but my calm comes from knowing the people working behind the scenes (David, Jen and the rest of the team) to resolve it. I can't say I'd have that same feeling of calm if I were hosting elsewhere.

Now if I only knew how long it would be so I could go out for a bike ride and come back just as things went back up...

--
                        Mike Lewis
                        PFYC-PartsForYourCar

Comment

I've been so accustomed to Miva being up all of the time that I forgot what a pain it is when our sites (all of them :( ) go down. Before we switched to Miva hosting this was a monthly occurrence and we just did our best to try to deal with it. Everyone here is scrambling and I have to remind them of "the old days" with our old host and how we made it through just fine. :)

Comment

I am with you Mike. We have been with David and Jen probably the exact same amount of time as you and this is an anomaly. Doesn't make it suck any less but stuff happens.

-Mike

Originally posted by mikel View Post
                            These things happen, its the nature of the business. Amazon, Apple, Blackberry, Google, even the big boys experience it.

We've been on a dedicated server with Hostasaurus since 2002 and the service has always been stellar. I can't count the times my a$$ has been saved by David or Jen due to some bonehead move I made.

This is the worst outage we've ever experienced but my calm comes from knowing the people working behind the scenes (David, Jen and the rest of the team) to resolve it. I can't say I'd have that same feeling of calm if I were hosting elsewhere.

Now if I only knew how long it would be so I could go out for a bike ride and come back just as things went back up...

--
                            Mike Lewis
                            PFYC-PartsForYourCar
                            http://www.bandana.com
                            http://www.wholesaleforeveryone.com

Comment

David and Jen have been working tirelessly on this now for going on 6 hours (and yes the longest downtime we've ever had).

I don't have anything new to add right now other than reinforce that we have all of our best resources working on this at every level.
                              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                              CEO
                              Miva, Inc.
                              [email protected]

Comment

Not sure if it helps, but our downtime has been nowhere near 6 hours. We had access up until about 2 hours ago.
                                Jason Fancett
                                America's SPA-MART - "Where Spa Owners Shop SMART!"
                                Check us out for all of your hot tub needs including spa covers, spa filters, spa chemicals and more.
                                Miva Merchant forum users can use coupon code MIVAFORUM to receive $5 off your first order of $30 or more.

Comment

Working...
                                X