Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kent Multer
    replied
    You can put the message in a ReadyTheme content section, and use mvt:item tags to display it on various pages. Then if you ever change the amount of the minimum purchase, you only need to edit code in the content section, and the change will flow through to every page.

If you want to completely eliminate the need to write and edit template code, I have a small utility module that can be used for jobs like this. It will let you change the minimum by just typing a new number into a text box and clicking Update. If that's of interest, you can PM or email me for details.

Leave a comment:

• x2jones
    replied
    Is there an update on this for Miva 10? We haven't been able to find native or module tech to implement this, but we're also not quite sure what terms to be searching for. Basically we'd like to display a message in the cart... "Add another $XX.XX to your Bag for Free Shipping".

Leave a comment:

• Gulfcoast
    replied
    Re: Triggering Message for Non Qualified Order

Thanks for your help! This is what I ended up going with:

Code:
    <mvt:item name="toolkit" param="basket|total" />
    <mvt:if expr="l.settings:toolkit:baskettotal LT 75">
    <mvt:item name="toolkit" param="sassign|trigger|75" />
    <mvt:item name="toolkit" param="math_subtract|result|trigger|l.all_settings:toolkit:baskettotal" />
    <mvt:item name="toolkit" param="currencyformat|formatted_result|result" />
    <br><span style="color: #ff5911; font-size: 14px;">Order &mvt:global:formatted_result; more in products and receive free freight on your order.  
    $75.00 is all it takes.</span>
    <mvt:else>
    <br><span style="color: #ff5911; font-size: 14px;">Congratulations! Your basket contains over $75.00, therefore you qualify
    for free freight today if you complete your purchase.</span>
    </mvt:if>

Leave a comment:

• rajnishsi
    replied

Hi Tim,

Just in case if you haven't figured out the exact code to calculate the difference between order total and free shipping amount,

You can use something like this :

Code:
    <mvt:if expr="l.settings:basket:total LT '75'">
        <p>ANY ORDER OVER $75 QUALIFIES FOR FREE SHIPPING!</p>
        <p>You can avail the free shipping on your order by adding products of worth $<mvt:eval expr="75 - l.settings:basket:total" /> more to your basket.</p>
    Although , I'd love to know too if there is any possibility to get the amount setup for free shipping in admin through code itself, so if I decides to change that later in configuration, I don't have to remember to change that in BASK page too.

Leave a comment:

• Gulfcoast
    replied

Originally posted by Nerd Boy Inc View Post
    Dear Tim,

You should be able to use some SMT to do the calculations to display how much more they need to add. You could add some HTML around it to make it stand out.

I can try and post more later if you need an example.
    An example would help when time allows, though I will do some searching to see what I can come up with. I figured it has to be some sort of math array? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Nerd Boy Inc
    replied

Dear Tim,

You should be able to use some SMT to do the calculations to display how much more they need to add. You could add some HTML around it to make it stand out.

I can try and post more later if you need an example.

Leave a comment:

• Gulfcoast
    replied

Hope things are well with you! I have inserted the following on the BASK page:

Code:
    <mvt:if expr="l.settings:basket:total LT '75'">
    <p>ANY ORDER OVER $75 QUALIFIES FOR FREE SHIPPING!</p>
    How could I give it a bit more "pop" so that it reflects the amount they are still shy of the $75 to qualify? Or do you feel there is a better way all together? Thanks so much!

Leave a comment:

• Nerd Boy Inc
    replied

Tim,

I would think some Store Morph Code on the Shipping page should work.

Leave a comment:

• Gulfcoast
    started a topic Triggering Message for Non Qualified Order

Triggering Message for Non Qualified Order

Can someone suggest the most effective way to trigger a message for a purchase that does not qualify for free shipping because it has not met the minimum dollar amount? Thanks so much.
Working...
X