Automatically set store code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatically set store code

Is there a way to automatically set the store code, maybe based on domain name? I have one store now, and have had it for years and never needed to append the store code to any URLs I created (or rewrites I used, etc).

If I create a new store I'll have to review all my links, rewrites, etc, and make sure I'm including my store code on all links. I'd love it if I could automatically define the store code based on the domain name (I'm going to have a new domain name pointing to the same site).
    Looking for work as of March 2024! I've been a web developer for going on 20 years, with most of that time spent on Miva sites.

Re: Automatically set store code

There is not a way currently, and for that reason I would recommend against using an additional storefront on an established site, since it could break a lot of inbound links coming to the current site if they don't have a store code. However, longer term, multi-domain support is being worked on and that will let one copy of Merchant serve content that is domain-specific without a store code.
    David Hubbard
    CIO
    Miva
    [email protected]
    http://www.miva.com

Comment

ok thanks David. I was hoping there might be some kind of fancy htaccess url rewrite that could append the store code automatically if missing, but only behind the scenes so the outward facing URLs remained the same.
      Looking for work as of March 2024! I've been a web developer for going on 20 years, with most of that time spent on Miva sites.

Comment

You could, in theory, add it to all URL's if not present, but I'd recommend against doing that due to the performance impact of looking for, and rewriting, the store code into every request to the site.
        David Hubbard
        CIO
        Miva
        [email protected]
        http://www.miva.com

Comment

Makes sense, thank you again

Comment

Working...
          X