PR6 Release Update and Notes - Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PR6 Release Update and Notes - Part 1

Ah ha. And for existing customers/stores, is the production release available via streaming update?

Also, anyone know what time of the morning they start answering the telephones at the Miva Merchant office?

Comment

Yes a streaming update and 7 am pacific time
      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
      CEO
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

I guess the release has been delayed?
        Bronson Design Studio, LLC
        Facebook: facebook.com/bronsondesign

Comment

It's in final testing, still shooting for this week.
          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
          CEO
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]

Comment

I appreciate the time taken.
            Please take your time and release it right instead of buggy.
            Documentation of any changes too - like extra fields and the like will be really really nice!

Thanks for doing it right.
            Kelly
            Last edited by kayakbabe; 07-14-09, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Kelly,

It's our goal to have pain free updates, I know we've not gotten there fully in the past. We've rebuilt the streaming update system to be fault tolerant and radically changed the deployment and testing process to aim squarely at a trouble free release.

So thanks for your patience and support :)
              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
              CEO
              Miva, Inc.
              [email protected]

Comment

Rick,

In a prior life, I owned a small software company. My experiace is that people will moan and groan about a release or product being late. But they'll scream bloody murder if the release is buggy!

Still remember release 4.30 of my product. It was a nightmare for everybody. Development, Support and most imporantly my customers. Never again!

Bob

Comment

Over the last year, I've reported these two bugs at least twice and gotten no reply. The bug fixes over that time have still not solved the problem. Will this PR6 release solve these bugs?
                  1. The expired carts feature does not put the items in the basket back into inventory when the cart expires. The only fix has been to manually delete the baskets every day. This should happen automatically when the baskets expire so inventory stays correct.
                  2. When printing orders in IE browser, the formating cuts off the two left columns on the order form. The only workaround has been to change the font size to "Smallest" to get the two columns to print on standard letter size paper. We haven't been able to find any other solution, setting change, or workaround.
                  Contact info - Randy (858) 679-9001 or (858) 518-5084

Comment

Rick,

RE: Google Checkout.
                    Currently, I do not allow international. However, if customers select Google Checkout they have the option to select an 'International Location'. I don't see that on this list as being addressed in this update. Has it, or will it be addressed in the near future?

Thank you.
                    David
                    David

Comment

Originally posted by 1st Ergo View Post
                      Rick,

RE: Google Checkout.
                      Currently, I do not allow international. However, if customers select Google Checkout they have the option to select an 'International Location'. I don't see that on this list as being addressed in this update. Has it, or will it be addressed in the near future?

Thank you.
                      David
                      They get an "International Location" option on Google Checkout or are they getting real international rates from your store?
                      Jim McCormick
                      Miva Merchant Support
                      866-284-9812

Comment

The option on Google Checkout actually says: 'Location'. Then all of the world is available. If a customer checks out of our store, they only have United States or Canada as shipping options. (that I see).
                        David

Comment

Originally posted by fidelismodels View Post
                          [*]The expired carts feature does not put the items in the basket back into inventory when the cart expires. The only fix has been to manually delete the baskets every day. This should happen automatically when the baskets expire so inventory stays correct.
                          I've spoke to my development dept and this is the way Miva Merchant is designed and this will not change.

Originally posted by fidelismodels View Post
                          [*]When printing orders in IE browser, the formating cuts off the two left columns on the order form. The only workaround has been to change the font size to "Smallest" to get the two columns to print on standard letter size paper. We haven't been able to find any other solution, setting change, or workaround.
                          This is the way IE is interpreting the page as it's IE print function that's doing the printing. Miva Merchant has no built in print feature. We will be including a new print feature with "Wombat" which is do to be streamed out this fall which will allow you to print shipping labels but I will have to check to see if that will include anything that will help with printing batch reports.
                          Last edited by Jim McCormick; 07-20-09, 10:11 AM.
                          Jim McCormick
                          Miva Merchant Support
                          866-284-9812

Comment

Originally posted by 1st Ergo View Post
                            The option on Google Checkout actually says: 'Location'. Then all of the world is available. If a customer checks out of our store, they only have United States or Canada as shipping options. (that I see).
                            I have never seen this and this sounds like something that's entirely on Google's side which we have no control over.
                            Jim McCormick
                            Miva Merchant Support
                            866-284-9812

Comment

for the printing issue. ie will respect a style sheet for printing. you just need to include one in your store header.

you can have different css style sheets for each media type such as the default (screen), audio (for people who can't see but use the net with an audio reader) and printing too.

Google for css media types.. here is a good link too. http://www.w3schools.com/CSS/css_mediatypes.asp

You can make it so when people print, they don't get repeating navigation stuff, you can hide it from the print css, also you can insert stuff.. like a footer message only printed pages have. You can also give different point sizes or column widths etc.
                              it's very slick and it's been around a long time, but most web developers don't bother making one since our output medium of choice is the screen.

You could just include the print style sheet on those pages you need to print out.

Of course, you will need some css tags to make it work. if you are a css-less site.. you will have to put some in.
                              Last edited by kayakbabe; 07-20-09, 10:52 AM.

Comment

fyi... you can insert the style sheets like this
                                it's easier this way.
                                <link type="text/css" media="screen" rel="stylesheet" href="main.css" />
                                <link type="text/css" media="print" rel="stylesheet" href="print.css" />
                                Last edited by kayakbabe; 07-20-09, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X