We need a module that would allow customers to place bids on items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need a module that would allow customers to place bids on items

Does anyone know of a module or a way in Miva 5.5 that instead of a listed price customers can place a bid on an item.

Re: We need a module that would allow customers to place bids on items

You probably want different software for online auctions, not a "shopping cart." Miva Merchant is a retail software package and works much like retail stores would. I don't know of any stores where you can go to bid on items, but I do know of auction places where you can do just that. Same here - you'll need to use auction type software, not a retail shopping cart.

Comment

Well, We have three different scenerios that we are trying to incorporate in to our store. Some items will be a fixed price, some items will be "make your best offer", some items will be place your bid. Does anyone have any suggestions? Does anyone know of a developer that could work with us on this. We think we are looking to have a module like Override Pricing by EMPORIUM PLUS but there is not one for Miva 5.5. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Comment

Its going to take more than an off-the-self module or two. This would require a significant amount of development especially for the auction/bid part. A company like Ebay probably spent millions before opening the "door" and spends millions more each year.

You might be able to find some generic auction software out there, who's features would be minimal, but maybe enough, and then tie the "payment" portion into Merchant. That would probably be a 5/10K type of project to do it right. (And yes, I'm sure you'll get someone who would say they could do it for 1K, but *I* would say that estimate is suspect at best.)
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
        X