Tables not displaying properly in IE 7 and 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tables not displaying properly in IE 7 and 8

The Cattree column is fixed width, the right sidebar is fixed at 230 pixels and the main content area width is undefined. The green background color columns are also fixed. The idea is the main content area in the center just contracts and expands as needed with the size of the browser window.

The pages display properly in Firefox, Chrome, and Safari, but in Internet Explorer, the sidebar images are displaying on top of the content.

I don't understand how this can happen, as they are in two separate columns.

Another problem I am having in IE is, on pages where I am not using a right column, text runs off the right side of the page.

Here are some pages where you can see the errors:
    Clinker Factory Story - right column content overlays left
    Rock Products Mag story - same problem
    Agricultural Applications- no right column, but table runs off right edge of page. The nested table with the case study is 100% wide, but that should be limited to the space that contains it.

I am really going crazy over this, because many pages using the identical category or product template display just fine, and I can't figure out what the difference is.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    Lynne Phelps
    Sy-Klone International
    www.sy-klone.com
    Reduce Costs and Increase Uptime with Air Precleaners for Engines & HVAC

Re: Tables not displaying properly in IE 7 and 8

I changed my Doc Type tag and it seems to be rendering better in IE now! I went with the transitional loose HTML4, since I was having problems with tables.
    Lynne Phelps
    Sy-Klone International
    www.sy-klone.com
    Reduce Costs and Increase Uptime with Air Precleaners for Engines & HVAC

Comment

Working...
    X