re: International Orders and Address info on checkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re: International Orders and Address info on checkout

I did a search for "AK" in the Miva 5 forums and didn't see anything so I thought I would throw it out there.

This is based on the confirmation emails myself and the client receives after ordering.

When I get orders outside the USA, it seems the "state" field in the address is set to "AK". This happens with about 75% of the international orders we receive, then I get the client emailing me address corrections thinking I'm going to send their order to Alaska.
    The other 25% of international orders either have nothing where the AK is or it says "non_us".

Any tips on how to resolve this?
    And any plans on a 1 page checkout system?
    :)

Thank you.

Re: International Orders and Address info on checkout

BigDog12,
    Will you post a link to the site or email me the link. I have a hunch about something and I want to check it out.

Comment

HI Morditech. Thanks for the assistance.
      The site is www.ratsoundsales.com
      Thanks again for the help.

Comment

bigdog12,

I noticed the site does not have the default "Outside US" option for states and the bill to side is pre-populated with "Alaska". Please add "Outside US" or "Select One" to the states with no state code and I believe you will be fine.

1) Log into the Administration for Miva Merchant.
        2) Click directly on States
        3) Click on the "ADD STATE" button below the search box.
        4) Place "Outside US" or "Select One" in the state field and DO NOT put a state code.
        5) Make sure to click the update button and test the site.

If this does not fix your issue, please send an e-mail to support ([email protected]) and include a link to this thread.

Thank you,

Wayne
        Wayne Smith

Comment

Yes, that definitely supported my hunch. The 'Outside US' option is there which explains why sometimes the order came through with the 'non_us' option but the drop down shows the list alphabetically by state code so removing the actual code 'non_us' from your Outside US option will make it show up first (default) on in your drop down.

Comment

Thanks again for all the assistance. I've added the "Select One" without a state code.
            The Non-Us/Outside United States was already there.
            Thank you again for the assistance!
            :)

Comment

Working...
            X