Wombat Beta - Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wombat Beta - Feedback

flybye76, is that your wombat beta testing store? looks nice. You're brave to have it online already. beta usually means 'expect things to be wrong since it's not final yet"
    Last edited by kayakbabe; 12-16-09, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Mark,

Shoot me an email and I'll help offline, then we can post about what we find.
      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
      CEO
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

I have all the faith in the world with miva :)
        e-mail sent Rick -- thank you
        Mark Hood
        Vermont Gear

Comment

For posterities sake here's what needed altered in Mark's store, 2 things were incorrectly configured and 1 bug was in the way.

First - You need to have Track Out of Stock Level turned on at the store level, not just Hide Out Of Stock. Once I turned this on it made it impossible to order any of the out of stock items, but they still displayed.

Second - The "attributemachine" item was put in the wrong spot in Sebenza's Product Template Manager. If you're using Product Template Manager you want to put the attributemachine item right above the beginning of related products. Luckily this was commented into Mark's template so easy to find. I also had to pull out the improperly located attributemachine item that was higher up in the code.

With these 2 changes, it was now working as expected, except for a bug that was exposed due to Mark's attribute setup.

Since Mark chose to combine Size and Color into a single attribute, if the default or top attribute on the list was out of stock, then the attributemachine incorrectly assumed there were no available options. The temporary workaround was to move an attribute that was in stock to the top position, although this will only work until that one runs out of stock.

We'll be fixing this in Beta 5 (later this week) so it won't be an issue long term, however splitting the attributes into size and color separately would also solve the problem permanently in Beta 4.
          Last edited by Rick Wilson; 12-16-09, 10:57 AM.
          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
          CEO
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]

Comment

I sent you another e-mail :) splitting them into separate size color drop downs doesn't seem to be quite working either for me. Has anyone else had this working?
            Last edited by Mark Hood; 12-16-09, 11:53 AM.
            Mark Hood
            Vermont Gear

Comment

More posterity:

In working with Mark's store in a live environment we found a bug in the JS contained in the /head version of the attributemachine item.

In Mark's case we just deleted the item and put the corrected JS in its place, however for everyone else we'll fix this bug in Beta 5.
              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
              CEO
              Miva, Inc.
              [email protected]

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I have to say I'm pretty excited for this Wombat release and wanted to say "Great Job" Miva. So far what I see is fantastic. I know you won't get it right on the first release but what you have done so far will help many of us and I for one am very appreciative of what you are working hard on. It will make managing an online store much easier!

I took a look through the tutorials (thanks Chuck BTW) and played around in the test store to see how things worked.

I have a few questions/suggestions from what I can see.

1. When a phone order is placed is the Customer Lookup only for customers that create an account or will it work for any customer that has placed an order?

2. When placing a phone order will Wombat use the shipping methods that are installed in a store and pull the shipping rates based on the total weight and destination of the shipment like placing an order through the website?

3. When placing a phone order will Wombat use the taxes that are set-up in a store and pull the tax rates based on the destination of the shipment like placing an order through the website?

4. It would be great to have notes that a customer can add while placing an order AND notes we can add in the admin section. We use this all the time to keep track that customers have phoned, have made changes to an order, we have refunded them or charged them for something they have added. This would be a must have for us. (I noticed someone suggested this already, this is my 'ditto')

5. If possible list how the date should be entered when listing the BO feature. (very nice option BTW!). It took me several tries before I realized it needed to be added as xx/xx/xx (I saw a post on something similar...I believe you will be adding this)

6. Will payment processing use the systems we have installed? Will we be able to charge a credit card while taking a phone order or will this be only available with certain processors like Chase and Authorize? We currently use PSIGate and was wondering if it will work for with them.

7. How do we process a return when the customer has ordered 10 but would like to return 2? Currently it looks like the "create return" option will select the item and return the full amount.

8. I read a post somewhere that order status is only available for customers that created an account. We have this feature disabled on our website as most are one time customers. Will this be available for customers that did not create an account also?

9. Is there more documentation on how the picklist option works?

10. After an order is placed, if a customer calls to add or remove an item from their order will it automatically adjust the shipping rate and taxes or will we do that manually?

11. Is there a way to add a Balance owing somewhere on the page? If a customer adds or removes something from their order it would be nice to see that they already paid $100 and then show for example -$20.00 if they need a refund or $20.00 if they added a product.

12. I was just wondering if there are any manuals or additional documentation written so we can take a look through them?

Thanks for all your help.

Thanks
                Christine
                Thanks,
                Christine

Comment

Sorry for the long post :-)
                  Thanks,
                  Christine

Comment

Sorry...

What if a backorder date changes? How do we enter another date? I thought we could just select that product and just click back order and enter another date but that didn't work.

Thanks
                    Christine
                    Thanks,
                    Christine

Comment

1. When a phone order is placed is the Customer Lookup only for customers that create an account or will it work for any customer that has placed an order?
                      At this time it's only people who have accounts, I'll give this some thought.

2. When placing a phone order will Wombat use the shipping methods that are installed in a store and pull the shipping rates based on the total weight and destination of the shipment like placing an order through the website?
                      Exactly if you have the software calculate them (it's a button) or you can enter something free form.

3. When placing a phone order will Wombat use the taxes that are set-up in a store and pull the tax rates based on the destination of the shipment like placing an order through the website?
                      Same as shipping, so yes.

4. It would be great to have notes that a customer can add while placing an order AND notes we can add in the admin section. We use this all the time to keep track that customers have phoned, have made changes to an order, we have refunded them or charged them for something they have added. This would be a must have for us. (I noticed someone suggested this already, this is my 'ditto')
                      This is on our list, not sure if it'll make the initial release because this needs to be done "right", but we agree.

5. If possible list how the date should be entered when listing the BO feature. (very nice option BTW!). It took me several tries before I realized it needed to be added as xx/xx/xx (I saw a post on something similar...I believe you will be adding this)
                      Yep, on the list.

6. Will payment processing use the systems we have installed? Will we be able to charge a credit card while taking a phone order or will this be only available with certain processors like Chase and Authorize? We currently use PSIGate and was wondering if it will work for with them.
                      The ability to Authorize and then Capture, or Authorize/Capture will work for both legacy payment modules (as well as third party ones) and the new modules. However to do a Void or Refund from within the admin, you'll need either Chase Paymentech or Innovative Gateway. We'll likely add to this list as time goes on, but at release that will be it.

7. How do we process a return when the customer has ordered 10 but would like to return 2? Currently it looks like the "create return" option will select the item and return the full amount.
                      This is a known limitation, we're working on that.

8. I read a post somewhere that order status is only available for customers that created an account. We have this feature disabled on our website as most are one time customers. Will this be available for customers that did not create an account also?
                      That has been remedied, you'll notice in http://store.yellowtee.com that Order History link is not tied to an Account

9. Is there more documentation on how the picklist option works?
                      Not yet, what would you like to know?

10. After an order is placed, if a customer calls to add or remove an item from their order will it automatically adjust the shipping rate and taxes or will we do that manually?
                      There's a button to recalculate that you'll need to hit.

11. Is there a way to add a Balance owing somewhere on the page? If a customer adds or removes something from their order it would be nice to see that they already paid $100 and then show for example -$20.00 if they need a refund or $20.00 if they added a product.
                      Hmmm, let me think about that.

12. I was just wondering if there are any manuals or additional documentation written so we can take a look through them?
                      Not yet. More release notes, forum posts, documentation and videos will be coming as we move through this process though.
                      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                      CEO
                      Miva, Inc.
                      [email protected]

Comment

What if a backorder date changes? How do we enter another date? I thought we could just select that product and just click back order and enter another date but that didn't work.
                        I'll have to check on that, that's how I thought it worked too.
                        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                        CEO
                        Miva, Inc.
                        [email protected]

Comment

Hi Rick,

That was a REALLY fast response! ;-)

The ability to Authorize and then Capture, or Authorize/Capture will work for both legacy payment modules (as well as third party ones) and the new modules. However to do a Void or Refund from within the admin, you'll need either Chase Paymentech or Innovative Gateway. We'll likely add to this list as time goes on, but at release that will be it.
                          For those of us who do not use Chase or Innovative Gateway will we be able to show that a customer has been refunded or charged for items added or removed from an order? Can we manually enter the authorization or somehow make a note of the charge/credit to zero out the customer?

For the picklist I was just wondering how it will work? I haven't ready much on it. Is it for stock items? Will it work for all orders batched that day or 1 order at a time? Could we print this list and work off the pick list so we know what to order from our vendors?

Is there a way to print an Invoice with our Logo etc that we could use? Perhaps in a future release we could have the ability to create our own invoice that we could design with HTML for example and we could print orders on this invoice? We currently use quickbooks and I'm thinking this update might help us manage the orders in Miva and only use quickbooks for accounting. :-) This is what I hope anyway.

What about a packing slip?

Thanks,
                          Christine
                          Thanks,
                          Christine

Comment

That was a REALLY fast response! ;-)
                            Well the holiday slowdown has begun (at least here) and this actually helps document all the moving parts of Wombat, so glad to help.

For those of us who do not use Chase or Innovative Gateway will we be able to show that a customer has been refunded or charged for items added or removed from an order? Can we manually enter the authorization or somehow make a note of the charge/credit to zero out the customer?
                            Not at this time, let me give that some thought.

For the picklist I was just wondering how it will work? I haven't ready much on it. Is it for stock items? Will it work for all orders batched that day or 1 order at a time? Could we print this list and work off the pick list so we know what to order from our vendors?

Is there a way to print an Invoice with our Logo etc that we could use? Perhaps in a future release we could have the ability to create our own invoice that we could design with HTML for example and we could print orders on this invoice? We currently use quickbooks and I'm thinking this update might help us manage the orders in Miva and only use quickbooks for accounting. :-) This is what I hope anyway.

What about a packing slip?
                            The picklist is completely customizable, and built in the Pages section, so you can use HTML, CSS, SMT, etc...

It is essentially a packing slip or invoice, controlled by you, that includes all of the items you've grouped into a shipment (when I say invoice, I mean that in the shipping sense, not the accounting sense).

So essentially here's the flow of events:

1. An order is created (via web, phone or in person)

2. Someone doing the fulfillment decides which items from an order go into a specific shipment, selects those items with a checkmark in the admin and clicks "Create Shipment"

3. Someone goes into Manage Shipments and Prints Picklist, this will print a fully customized Invoice/Packing Slip to be used for either Picking only or Picking and placed in the order for shipment.
                            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                            CEO
                            Miva, Inc.
                            [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
                              There will be no conflict. At this time it doesn't support ODBC, we'll take a look at that.
                              We are using Inventory Manager and Order status manager from Viking coders. Any conflict with these mods rick?
                              Last edited by Datagg; 12-24-09, 04:30 AM.
                              Dan

Girlfriends Lingerie - "Keeping It Sexy!"
                              Sexy Lingerie - Twitter - Facebook- Pinterest - YouTube

Comment

Dan,

See my reply in your other thread here: http://extranet.mivamerchant.com/for...817#post110817
                                Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                                CEO
                                Miva, Inc.
                                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X