• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wombat Beta - Feedback

Christine,

For right now (and this includes initial public release):

1. Weiland's got a module (I think Addendum) that works perfectly for this
    2. Currently you'd have to return all 10, then Add 8 back in, we'll fix that in the future
    3. You can search by their email address but not name (yet) again we'll add post wombat release
    4. This is something we'll be adding for Synchro etc..., currently it does not do that
    5. Other than the Picklists no, but again it will be coming shortly
    6. I would guess exactly, but I'd have to test.
    7. You can do that now on the Page template code, currently it's not something we're planning on automating via admin.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
      1. Weiland's got a module (I think Addendum) that works perfectly for this
      Since she wants both customer and admin notes, the better module would be Order Custom Fields. It lets the customer respond to questions at checkout with the order custom fields. And it lets store admin enter notes in any of the order custom fields, including those the customer never sees or has input to. Both admin and customer order custom fields appear in the order edit screen and can be read and edited. They also can be put in the picklist for printing packing slips. The order status features of the module will not be needed after Wombat comes out, but the admin and customer notes make it still a good buy.
      http://www.emporiumplus.com/go/wcw/PROD/1AA/1AA00225
      Bill Weiland - Emporium Plus http://www.emporiumplus.com/store.mvc
      Online Documentation http://www.emporiumplus.com/tk3/v3/doc.htm
      Question http://www.emporiumplus.com/mivamodu...vc?Screen=SPTS
      Facebook http://www.facebook.com/EmporiumPlus
      Twitter http://twitter.com/emporiumplus

Comment

Thanks Rick (and Bill),

I have another question about the Inventory Kit Builder.

When I'm creating a kit that includes parts already in the store it's a pain that I would need to create an attribute for that item and then go in and assign that item to that attribute in the Inventory Kit Builder. Would it not be MUCH simpler to just attach the part directly to the kit as apposed to doing a two step process?

For example: if I'm selling computer parts and I already have a mouse, keyboard and monitor on my website why could I not directly add those to the kit instead of adding an attribute and then going in and adding the part to the attribute? That would cut my time by half!

Also, is it possible to make the Name field searchable when adding a product to a new or existing order and also in the Inventory Kit builder when mapping a product to an attribute. Sometimes we have customers that call with part of a product name but not the item number...If we place the order in the "New Order" system we have no way of searching for that product. The same goes for the creating kits. If I know I need to add a monitor but don't remember the exact product number I have to go back to the website and do a search for it.

So far everything else seems to work great. Great job! I'm very impressed and can't wait to start using it!
        Thanks,
        Christine

Comment

Christine,

If your kit doesn't have any attributes (which many don't) you can use the Default Variant Choice and then you don't need to go through the attribute matching.

But if it does have attribute choices the customers have to choose, then you'll still need to create the attributes.

Oh and if your kit has some items that are always included and some that are attribute/options, you can use the default variant for adding all of the static choices and then just use attributes for the options.
          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
          CEO
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]

Comment

Hi All -

So I upgraded our live store to the Wombat Beta (i know, i know, i should have tested it on our dev first!), and now I can't change the order of our Products within out Categories.

Select a Categories > Edit > Products > Assigned > Show Order

Then I change the numerical order, and update, and nothing changes.

Is this a known bug with the Wombat Beta? Or could it be something else?

Thanks,
            -J
            _____
            Justin S
            Webmaster
            www.stupid.com

Comment

Wombat 8 sort attribute issue:
              When we go to a products attributes and click 'sort' it shows the storefront in the admin.

Comment

Originally posted by morditech.com View Post
                When we go to a products attributes and click 'sort' it shows the storefront in the admin.
                If it helps I am not seeing this issue but did you mean "show order"
                Last edited by Mark Hood; 03-03-10, 06:24 AM.
                Mark Hood
                Vermont Gear

Comment

Hi Rick,

When an order has been shipped and it has a tracking number can the tracking number be a link?

We often check the status of certain orders and it would be nice to just click on the tracking number in the order and be taken to the tracking page right away.
                  Thanks,
                  Christine

Comment

This seems to be browser related. I can only recreate this in firefox. It seems to function properly in chrome and IE. Can someone try to recreate this in firefox and let me know if you get the same results.

Comment

I tried it in Firefox and it works for me. I'm assuming you mean 'show order'?

Do you need to update firefox?

Sorry I should mention I'm using firefox on a Mac in case there is a difference.
                      Last edited by crozon; 03-03-10, 09:25 AM.
                      Thanks,
                      Christine

Comment

When an order has been shipped and it has a tracking number can the tracking number be a link?
                        Absolutely. We've built in the links for UPS, FedEx and USPS (you just need to note which one you shipped with) and under Domain Settings you can add more links and types.
                        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                        CEO
                        Miva, Inc.
                        [email protected]

Comment

Hi Rick,

Thank you. I had found that. When I'm looking at an order under manage orders...it shows 'shipped:' then a tracking number. Can I click on the tracking number to see the tracking information or does this only work on the customer's side?
                          Thanks,
                          Christine

Comment

Originally posted by crozon View Post
                            I tried it in Firefox and it works for me. I'm assuming you mean 'show order'?

Do you need to update firefox?

Sorry I should mention I'm using firefox on a Mac in case there is a difference.
                            I just updated firefox but when I tested it I get the same results. It does not just happen in the attribute section. It is happening anywhere there is a 'sort' link.

Comment

Can you view the source of a page where you have this issue and look for a <script> tag referencing clientside.mvc?

It'll look something like this:

Code:
                              <script language="JavaScript" src="https://localhost/~burch/mm5/clientside.mvc?Filename=admin/v55_ui.js"></script>
                              If the URL to clientside.mvc does not exactly match the URL to your administrative interface, the client-side JavaScript used to implement the "Show Order" link won't get loaded, which could lead to this problem.

If the URL doesn't match, it is highly likely that the ServerName option within your Apache configuration is incorrect.

Comment

This seems to be browser related. I can only recreate this in firefox.
                                Try clearing your browser cache. I think it's loading the old JavaScript instead of the new version.
                                Ray Yates
                                "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
                                --- Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

Working...
                                X