Shipping Calculation Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Calculation Question

Is there a way currently to have a base weight added in the calculation of package weight?

When using UPS and USPS weight calculators, it is accurately adding the product weights, but it does not account for a base weight of an average box (say, .5 lbs). If there is a way to have this .5 added easily into every weight calculation, I think the package quotes would be much more accurate during checkout.

Any suggestions/ideas?

Searching the forums for the answer to this question. The packaging I use weighs 2.5 oz. I have that built into each product. If someone only orders one item then great. However if someone orders 10 - 2 oz each patterns then shipping is more than it should be and there ends up being way to much room left in flat rate options. I want to have a base weight of 2.5 oz added to each order. Then I can put each item with actual weight. Have tried under "box" putting packaging with 0.17 in weight with 0.00 charge. Not working. Also tried base and minimum shipping. Each putting 0.17 and using test product to see if that weight comes up. Currently I use Weight Table Shipping by World Zone.

Comment

Originally posted by whona View Post
      Is there a way currently to have a base weight added in the calculation of package weight?

When using UPS and USPS weight calculators, it is accurately adding the product weights, but it does not account for a base weight of an average box (say, .5 lbs). If there is a way to have this .5 added easily into every weight calculation, I think the package quotes would be much more accurate during checkout.

Any suggestions/ideas?
      We use Pack by Quantity and set a default box with the appropriate weight and dimensions. This to automatically adds .5 lbs to each order.
      Paul

Comment

What are you using? Realize that this was 5.5. forum. I was just searching forums. Won't bore you with details but set up test products that confirmed the box weight is not being added into the estimate shipping nor cart. However I am on 9 with Shadow Readytheme.

Comment

We're on 9 as well and I could be wrong, but don't think themes should have anything to do with the shipping rate calculations.
          Paul

Comment

I believe that you can:

1) Create a box type and assign it a weight under "Shipping Settings > Boxes", and then
            2) Specify Packaging Rules (under Shipping Settings > Settings) to "Pack by Weight" or "Pack by Quantity"

I've not completed this setup yet myself, but this is supposed to add a box weight to your shipping estimate.

https://docs.miva.com/reference-guide/boxes
            Psydde Delicious
            Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
            Philadelphia, PA
            www.DeliciousBoutique.com
            www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Working...
            X