Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customers want more info on Invoice

Hi,

Our customers are asking for actual receipts not invoices. Are there more options for what can be sent to customers? Perhaps adding Transaction #, Last four of the CC and the posting date? Currently we are still running on Miva 9, but we have a Miva 10 site in development. Ideally I'd like to make changes to 9 and then also to 10. Any help on in this area would be great, thanks!

reciept vs invoice mostly semantics. the fact that miva calls it an invoice is technically incorrect. If you labelled it Paid Invoice then there is no difference.

The additional information you are asking for, while fine for a printed reciept or invoice, would violarte PCI requires as that information could be used to at least fish for other info.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Years ago we added "This is your PAID IN FULL invoice..." for the very same reason.

Comment

...and there ya go folks...problem solved :)

i get why customers may want the reference to the additional info, however, that's based on what works in the real world. (i.e., they need to check a reciept to see which card they used and don't want to drive back to the store). however, in online land, that info is an email away.
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Okay, thanks for your input and help. I wanted to see if there were any options I could turn on or off for that page (such as Transaction #, Last four CC, posting date) but it sounds like some of those are against online rules. Thanks for your help.

Comment

You can turn on lots of things, I think Bruce's point is to be careful. You can use the Token List to see what's available to show on that page and I do think Last 4 might be ok, but you should confirm that with your CC processor.
            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
            CEO
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]
            https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
            X