This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miva Merchant 9 Bugs

Recently we upgraded to Miva9 - Running Miva Merchant 9.0002 MivaScript Engine v5.20
    and I am running into this error while using the WC3 Markup Validation tool.
    "No character encoding information was found within the document, either in an HTML meta element or an XML declaration. It is often recommended to declare the character encoding in the document itself, especially if there is a chance that the document will be read from or saved to disk, CD, etc."

Admin HTML Profile shows:
    <!DOCTYPE HTML>
    <html>

I cannot find where the character declaration is to check it. I thought it was included with the <!DOCTYPE HTML> but it appears as if it cannot find it in the provisioning? I really don't know.

I am not sure if this is a bug or setting. Would like to correct it though. Thank you in advance for helping.
    Kristin Park

Comment

The admin character set is controlled by a setting under store settings. By default this is UTF-8.

For your website (front end) you can control the character set by putting this meta tag in the head:

<metacharset="UTF-8">
      Brennan Heyde
      VP Product
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thank you Brennan., I added it to the "Head Tag Content" and received the following error from W3C
        Element name metacharset="utf-8" cannot be represented as XML 1.0.

Did I put it in the wrong place or do I need to do something different? Thank you again. Kris
        Kristin Park

Comment

Kristin,

Are you trying validate the Admin via W3C? Or your site?
          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
          CEO
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]

Comment

Hi,

Seems to be a bug for the CTGY page. When I input 4 columns, it does not work for the CTGY page. The Image type does not work as well. Great template, but need 4 columns. Also, is there any way to keep all the products leveled for each row in the CTGY page so the image doesn't look like it is all over the place?

Thanks,
            Keith

Originally posted by Ron Frigon View Post
            Updated one of my dev sites from beta to production this morning. Received this error message:

Incomplete installation of patch 'mm90000-from-beta' detected.

A patch that has been partially installed was found in your list of available patches.

The following error caused this patch to abort:

Pre-install validation failed. No modifications have been made to the existing installation. The following issue must be resolved before installation can continue:

Table "MiniBasket_Settings" for store "GT" does not exist or does not contain one or more expected columns: mysql_stmt_prepare: Table 'giggle_mm5dev.s01_MiniBasket_Settings' doesn't exist

After this issue has been resolved, please select Resume Failed Installation

Once I clicked "install" for the Mini-Basket module under Utilities the M9 installation went fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
              Kristin,

Are you trying validate the Admin via W3C? Or your site?
              Our website through the W3C validator using www.circlekb.com as the query.
              Kristin Park

Comment

Kristin,

I'm certain that's not a Version 9 bug, so to keep it from getting lost in this thread, I'd suggest you start a new thread about that specific issue.
                Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                CEO
                Miva, Inc.
                [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
                  Kristin,

I'm certain that's not a Version 9 bug, so to keep it from getting lost in this thread, I'd suggest you start a new thread about that specific issue.
                  Will start a new thread in the 9 forum. Thank you Rick.
                  Kristin Park

Comment

EOF: Record not found: MER-DBP-PRD-00018
                    I am trying to edit a product from the Catalog>Products.
                    The products exists in my shop but I can´t access Edit Product Page. I can buy it but not edit it.
                    Just a few of my products generate this error - so it´s not a big deal for me.
                    Very NICE 404 page indeed! Is it Lemur of Madagascar? I had a good laugh. //André aka Protos
                    404edit_product.JPG
                    Last edited by Protos; 02-04-15, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Add/update products from csv error:

I've exported products from a category so that I could create a new product via import. Basically deleted all products from the export except one. Changed the product code and name plus a couple other minor edits. When Importing to create the new item I'm receiving this "Array index must be a positive integer" error.

Capture.JPG

Settings are Add New Products Only, Append to existing Categories, Retain existing data, Use attribute template codes, Comma, file contains a header row, determine automatically...
                      Ron Frigon
                      Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Protos View Post
                        EOF: Record not found: MER-DBP-PRD-00018
                        I am trying to edit a product from the Catalog>Products.
                        The products exists in my shop but I can´t access Edit Product Page. I can buy it but not edit it.
                        Just a few of my products generate this error - so it´s not a big deal for me.
                        Very NICE 404 page indeed! Is it Lemur of Madagascar? I had a good laugh. //André aka Protos
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]929[/ATTACH]
                        I am glad you like my 404 page, I had fun creating it :) Madagascar indeed!

In terms of the error you're seeing, can you open up a ticket with support so we can try to figure out what is going on? It's not an issue I've seen on my end and support hasn't had it brought to their attention as of yet. It could be a third party module attempting to load a product that doesn't exist or it could be a special character in the product name that isn't getting parsed correctly. Actually... that second possibility seems more likely. I'd definitely open up a ticket so we can try to get to the bottom of it and get a fix in if it IS something on our end, or get your stuff back up and running correctly if it isn't. Not being able to edit products is no bueno!
                        Ryan Guisewite
                        Lead UI Developer / Miva, Inc.
                        www.miva.com

Comment

Hi Ron

Can you send us a copy of the import file that is giving you this error?

Thanks

-Eric

[email protected]
                          Eric Foresman
                          Software Tester
                          Miva Merchant
                          http://www.mivamerchant.com/
                          [email protected]

Comment

Hey Eric,

I wasn't able to post the csv files here, so I sent them to you via email.

Thank You!
                            Ron Frigon
                            Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Comment

Hi Ron,

I have filed a bug for this issue. It looks like this error is getting triggered if you have a custom field named “keywords” and then try to do an import with a column that has “keywords” in the name.

Thanks for all your help in tracking this down.

-Eric
                              Eric Foresman
                              Software Tester
                              Miva Merchant
                              http://www.mivamerchant.com/
                              [email protected]

Comment

I noticed that the edit for "Generic: Edit Page: ORDER_INVOICE > Page > Details" outlined on this page http://www.miva.com/version9-template-changes, where the table is replaced with a single line of code:
                                Code:
                                <mvt:item name="tbr_order_contents" />
                                doesn't work. When I print a Printable Invoice, there's no product data visible.

It's possible I'm missing some template changes from the previous Miva update. For instance, mySHIPMENT_PICKLIST uses divs instead of td tags. So, where there should be this code:

Code:
                                <mvt:foreach iterator="item" array="ordershipment:items">
                                                <tr class="highlighted">
                                                    <td class="code">&mvt:item:code;</td>
                                                    <td class="product">&mvt:item:name;</td>
                                                    <td class="each"></td>
                                                    <td class="total">&mvt:item:quantity;</td>
                                                </tr>

<mvt:foreach iterator="option" array="item:options">
                                I see this code:

Code:
                                <mvt:foreach iterator="item" array="ordershipment:items">
                                                    <div class="shipment_picklist_data_row">
                                                        <span class="shipment_picklist_data_col shipment_picklist_itemlist_col_code">&mvte:item:code;</span>
                                                        <span class="shipment_picklist_data_col shipment_picklist_itemlist_col_name">
                                                            &mvte:item:name;

<mvt:foreach iterator="option" array="item:options">
                                Where can I find a reference for ALL of the default template pages that should come with a brand new Miva 9 installation. Clearly, I'm not up to date with my templates.
                                Last edited by skepticwebguy; 02-05-15, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X