Order status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Order status

I can tell you the only way to reproduce this is to do an order from the site itself that has a variant product. I'll have to see if I can find the ticket number.
    Simply creating an order in the admin works as expected and cancels just fine.
    Mark Hood
    Vermont Gear

Comment

Originally posted by eric foresman View Post
      hi mark

i have been unable to reproduce these issues in my test store. Can you open a service ticket and let me know the ticket number so we can take a closer look at what is happening for you?

Thanks

-eric
      uji-543-97488
      Mark Hood
      Vermont Gear

Comment

Hi Mark,

Thanks for getting me the ticket number, I’m looking into it.

-Eric
        Eric Foresman
        Software Tester
        Miva Merchant
        http://www.mivamerchant.com/
        [email protected]

Comment

Having the exact same issues when trying to cancel an order. Also got same error warning.
          The order still shows pending in order status. In the order, the product status shows cancelled.

Thanks
          Pat
          pat
          http://lockitt.com

Comment

Hi Pat & Mark

We are still looking into what is causing this issue but I think we have found a workaround for the time being.

When editing an order, before making any changes click on the edit shipping/Tax/Other Charges button. Allow the shipping rates to populate and then close the dialog. After that, any changes made to the order should work correctly including setting the order status to canceled when canceling all items in the order.

let me know if this works for you

-Eric
            Eric Foresman
            Software Tester
            Miva Merchant
            http://www.mivamerchant.com/
            [email protected]

Comment

I was able to correctly cancel an order with this method.
              Mark Hood
              Vermont Gear

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Hood View Post
                Still working on the screen shots but figured out how to recreate the problem.

If you place an order for an item without attribute/variants then canceling the order works as it should when all items on the order are canceled it is marked canceled.

If an order is placed by the customer on the site that has attributes/variants and you cancel the item from the order it does not cancel correctly. It actually greys out the item line but does not grey out the attributes.
                Hi there,
                We are experiencing the same problem. Did not figure out the attribute part, will investigate. I agree with Mark that it's not a good idea to use delete to cancel an order. If we can get this to work like PR8 will be ok. That is not the case now.

Steve Walker
                Rescue Pet Supply

Comment

Originally posted by rescuepet View Post
                  Hi there,
                  We are experiencing the same problem. Did not figure out the attribute part, will investigate. I agree with Mark that it's not a good idea to use delete to cancel an order. If we can get this to work like PR8 will be ok. That is not the case now.

Steve Walker
                  Rescue Pet Supply
                  You did see the part about getting this to work using a work around correct?

I was actually able to fix ones that had been a problem simply by adding an item to the order then clicking the edit shipping button...once the shipping methods populate go ahead and cancel the item you added. You'll see the status goes to cancel and you then delete the item you added from the order.
                  Last edited by Mark Hood; 11-19-14, 10:35 AM.
                  Mark Hood
                  Vermont Gear

Comment

And that the culprit is broken third party mods, most likely the Viking Coders UPS module.
                    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                    CEO
                    Miva, Inc.
                    [email protected]
                    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Yes, I've passed that along to customer service to use in the short-term, I hope.

Thanks,
                      Steve

Comment

Is the Viking Coders UPS mod in your store? Or one of their other Shipping Mods?

If so, are you in a position to switch to the stock ones? They don't have this problem.
                        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                        CEO
                        Miva, Inc.
                        [email protected]
                        https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
                        X