X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, I will take a look at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Leanne View Post
      How are you all handling the removal of images associated with deleted products? I have a site that currently has 430 products to be deleted, and also has an extremely bloated graphics/00000001 folder that needs to be cleaned up. I'm leery of the Delete Unreferenced Images feature of Image Machine Management. How does it handle images that may be used in category headers or elsewhere on the site?
      It deletes them best practice of course is to create different ones...
      Mark Hood
      Vermont Gear

Comment

How are you all handling the removal of images associated with deleted products? I have a site that currently has 430 products to be deleted, and also has an extremely bloated graphics/00000001 folder that needs to be cleaned up. I'm leery of the Delete Unreferenced Images feature of Image Machine Management. How does it handle images that may be used in category headers or elsewhere on the site?
        I'd love to know how that's handled as well. It would be great if the image uploader in Miva gave an option of two (or more) different destination folder locations - one for product images and one for other site images. That way users could more safely "Delete Unreferenced Images" without fear of accidentally losing header images, content page images, etc.
        Psydde Delicious
        Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
        Philadelphia, PA
        www.DeliciousBoutique.com
        www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Hood View Post

It deletes them best practice of course is to create different ones...
          Thanks for confirming. It's a bit of a conundrum as to which is worse: a bloated graphics/00000001 file, or giving store employees ftp access to upload non-product images into a different directory...

Comment

Originally posted by delcorsets View Post

I'd love to know how that's handled as well. It would be great if the image uploader in Miva gave an option of two (or more) different destination folder locations - one for product images and one for other site images. That way users could more safely "Delete Unreferenced Images" without fear of accidentally losing header images, content page images, etc.
            Mark Hood has confirmed that it wipes the lot.

As I understand it the ability to customize upload directories is coming, but it will be a while.

Comment

Mark Hood has confirmed that it wipes the lot.

As I understand it the ability to customize upload directories is coming, but it will be a while.
              For a different site I maintain I set up a "dummy" inactive product to upload images from the admin (no ftp access needed).
              It of course just adds to the graphics folder but they will not be deleted by the delete unreferenced process.
              Mark Hood
              Vermont Gear

Comment

Working...
              X