No announcement yet.

Customer Password Recovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've slated the fix for this in 9.13 (which is Q1)
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by AHerb View Post
      Guys, you probably just don't realize how serious the password-recovery problem is.

We ===ARE LOOSING=== clients and money due to the password recovery issue.
      We get angry emails from annoyed customers. We have to respond to many password related phone calls spending time resetting the passwords, instead of sales.

Customer support reports, that it's still topic No.1

Please, provide a fix/solution asap.
      Ditto, and we are far from a new Miva user. This is a PROBLEM. What's infuriating is I can't get it NOT to work. What's interesting is that a previous comment says it didn't work with Mac and Firefox, which is what I'm using without problem.

This really annoys customers, and they blame us!

Comment

Originally posted by TheTeaTable View Post

Ditto, and we are far from a new Miva user. This is a PROBLEM. What's infuriating is I can't get it NOT to work. What's interesting is that a previous comment says it didn't work with Mac and Firefox, which is what I'm using without problem.

This really annoys customers, and they blame us!
        It might depend on the anti-virus software that the user is running as well.
        Highly caffeinated
        http://www.coffeehouseexpress.com

Comment

The issue is some email clients "pre-click" the link and that invalidates the token for reset since they're only designed to be used once.

We have a fix in 9.13 but it will turn password reset into a two step process so any link previewing won't invalidate it.
          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
          CEO
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]
          https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
            The issue is some email clients "pre-click" the link and that invalidates the token for reset since they're only designed to be used once.Z
            I'm certain that is part of the problem, and I've explained that in the reset email, telling them that if the link is clicked without resetting, a new request has to be made from the website. Let's face facts, most people won't actually read any of that, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTeaTable View Post
              I'm certain that is part of the problem, and I've explained that in the reset email, telling them that if the link is clicked without resetting, a new request has to be made from the website. Let's face facts, most people won't actually read any of that, unfortunately.
              Most people will request another one, and it will be pre-clicked again... and again... and again... as they're using the same PC/Mail client/Antivirus

Comment

9.13 can't come soo enough for this fix! :)
                Jon

Viscott Limited
                www.viscott.com

Comment

Fixed! Wooo Hoooo!
                  Jon

Viscott Limited
                  www.viscott.com

Comment

Working...
                  X