Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SKIP THIS - I found it in searching the web. Is there a list of Template changes for 9.0005 like there was for 9.0004 and 9.0003. If so, I can't find it.
    Last edited by Keitho; 07-09-16, 04:12 PM.
    Keith Oratz
    PrepareSmart, LLC - Emergency Preparedness Supplies and Professional Grade Search and Rescue Gear
    www.preparesmart.com

Comment

Looks like you already found it, but for future people looking at this thread, we post all template changes here:

http://www.miva.com/template-changes
      Last edited by Brennan; 07-11-16, 06:56 AM.
      Brennan Heyde
      VP Product
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Perhaps this is not a bug but by design, shouldn't MIVA tokens work in "Page > SEO" fields as well to avoid hard-code page templates edits?

Example:

Page > SEO (field):
        Code:
        Buy & Sell &mvt:category:name;

If MIVA tokens don’t work in "“Page > SEO"” fields, where would one hard-code edit CTGY template for <meta name="description" content="Buy & Sell &mvt:category:name;">?

Addendum:

I'm new to M5-M9.+, after further research I believe that some "Page > SEO" fields (e.g.: meta description) may not be working as indented, perhaps I am missing something.

For example, there are twelve (12) scripts totaling 106 lines of code between related metadata tags.

It is my understanding the higher the metadata values the better, having so many lines of scripts between metadata, especially meta description may not be ideal.

The addition of MIVA tokens functionality to "Page > SEO" fields would not address the additional lines of code (in this case twelve scripts) between metadata tags, but would address current field limitation used for SEO while also providing a temporary workaround for instances such as these.

"If my findings are correct" (being a M5-9 Newbie), I believe the only interim solution may be to insert a series of conditionals in the "User Interface > SEO" template which is what I think is what Bruce is suggested in another post just before I finished making this post.
        Last edited by William Davis; 07-30-16, 02:54 PM.
        Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

If you are coding your own meta data entries using SMT code, then the best place to put that code is in the Head Tag/CSS template (under Settings). If one is unable to create unique meta data like titles and descriptions then, yea, coding a dynamic set would be best. Note: google doesn't care where the meta data is as long as its in the <head> area. Lastly dynamically generated meta data isn't very high value. Better than nothing, but not high value especially for descriptions.
          Bruce Golub
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
            If you are coding your own meta data entries using SMT code, then the best place to put that code is in the Head Tag/CSS template (under Settings). If one is unable to create unique meta data like titles and descriptions then, yea, coding a dynamic set would be best. Note: google doesn't care where the meta data is as long as its in the <head> area. Lastly dynamically generated meta data isn't very high value. Better than nothing, but not high value especially for descriptions.
            Thanks Bruce, I was not sure about the location and/or the scripts between, I can't recall if a long time ago it might have been an issue, but it I think it might be ideal.

I recall reading years ago (I know, many things have changed -sometimes it seems like daily or even hourly) something along the line that the higher certain HTML tags were placed on the page the better. In fact I recall reading at the time something specifically along the lines that one of the advantages CSS has (from a SEO perspective) is the facilitation of displaying different sections of a page in a different order than it is in the source before CSS came along. Thus placing content code on the top by order of importance (high-low) followed by formatting code. Which appears to make some sense even though it may no longer be true as it relates to this discussion, typically the higher something is on a page the more likely to be more important, at least that was the way it use to be from an SEO perspective.

As to dynamically generated metadata coding for SEO, it can be very effective in most cases when properly executed as in our particular case. In any event, I'm glad I was on the right track, the problem is that I am new to M5-9.+, and coming up with a set of conditionals may take me a little longer which will delay the launch of our store.

The implementation of MIVA tokens in "Page > SEO" fields if possible would make things simpler for folks like me rather than messing around with the template, at least when starting out in MIVA or people who have no desire and/or need to learn HTML markup language or MIVA conditionals etc...
            Last edited by William Davis; 07-30-16, 04:50 PM.
            Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Well, if you're asking for a dream feature where the whole meta data (including title) are handled by a managed template, then yea, I'd vote for that as a matter of organization, but you don't really get any advantage over using the built in SEO meta tags AND/OR SMT encoded dynamic ones in the Head tag template itself. (Other than it might be easier to understand to someone new.)
              Bruce Golub
              Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
              phosphormedia.com

Comment

Not sure what kind of fix there could be for this but I've not noticed it before. The scenario here is that we have set a default attribute for large. However the first attribute of hunter green does not have a large available and clicking the add to cart button adds a navy large (imageshown) however the selected attribute text says hunter green (suivant theme).
                http://www.vermontgear.com/K87.html

Obviously after it gets looked at I will just remove the default selection of large which will fix the oddity.

If you land on the page you can also see the swatch for navy is selected but the actual text says hunter green.
                Last edited by Mark Hood; 08-03-16, 06:03 AM.
                Mark Hood
                Vermont Gear

Comment

Its seems "Home > ReadyTheme > Settings" page or its tabs (e.g.: Settings, Images, Banners, Content Sections, Product Listings, Navigation Sets, etc...) have not been indexed by Universal Search.

When performing a search for "readytheme" using Universal Search, it only displays the following search results; "Apply Framework: [ReadyTheme_Name]-readytheme" for each ReadyTheme installed, but not "Home > ReadyTheme > Settings".

I even tried search for "settings", that did not work either.
                  Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Attribute Templates type Drop-Down List base prompt (e.g.: Size, etc...) is not displayed after "Generate Variants" is performed.

Product page drop-down list example before "Generate Variants" is performed:

Size
                    Small
                    Medium
                    Large
                    X-Large
                    XX-Large

Product page drop-down list example after "Generate Variants" is performed:

Small
                    Medium
                    Large
                    X-Large
                    XX-Large
                    Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Originally posted by William Davis View Post
                      Attribute Templates type Drop-Down List base prompt (e.g.: Size, etc...) is not displayed after "Generate Variants" is performed.

Product page drop-down list example before "Generate Variants" is performed:

Size
                      Small
                      Medium
                      Large
                      X-Large
                      XX-Large

Product page drop-down list example after "Generate Variants" is performed:

Small
                      Medium
                      Large
                      X-Large
                      XX-Large
                      William,

I wasn't able to replicate this issue. Can you open a ticket with support regarding this issue. When you open a ticket with support please include a link to this forum post and the product code and product name having this issue.

Thank you,

Wayne
                      Wayne Smith

Comment

Originally posted by William Davis View Post
                        Its seems "Home > ReadyTheme > Settings" page or its tabs (e.g.: Settings, Images, Banners, Content Sections, Product Listings, Navigation Sets, etc...) have not been indexed by Universal Search.

When performing a search for "readytheme" using Universal Search, it only displays the following search results; "Apply Framework: [ReadyTheme_Name]-readytheme" for each ReadyTheme installed, but not "Home > ReadyTheme > Settings".

I even tried search for "settings", that did not work either.
                        William,

Development does have a bug recorded for this issue which should be corrected in the next update.

Bug ID 20956

Thank you,

Wayne
                        Wayne Smith

Comment

Originally posted by wsmith View Post

William,

I wasn't able to replicate this issue. Can you open a ticket with support regarding this issue. When you open a ticket with support please include a link to this forum post and the product code and product name having this issue.

Thank you,

Wayne
                          Wayne, someone else is having the same problem (forum post by BkraM; Product Attributes).
                          Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Originally posted by wsmith View Post

William,

Thank you,

Wayne
                            Ticket opened.
                            Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

I've closed this thread, please update to 9.0006 or later and post any new bugs here: http://www.miva.com/forums/forum/onl...6x-bug-reports
                              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                              CEO
                              Miva, Inc.
                              [email protected]
                              https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
                              X