Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if this should be treated as a bug, or as an undocumented feature.

In the Runtime_ProductList_Load_Offset_Category(...), "products var" array does not get erased automatically for every new request.

If current requested category has less products then the previous requested category, the front of the array will be replaced with latest results, but the tail will not be truncated and will contain leftovers from previous request. So array stretches as much as we need, but does not shrink on its own. Should it be?

Code:
    <mvt:comment>ASSIGNING CATEGORIES</mvt:comment>
    <mvt:assign name="l.cats[1]" value="'cat-A" />
    <mvt:assign name="l.cats[2]" value="'cat-B" />
    <mvt:assign name="l.settings:cats" value="l.cats" />

<mvt:foreach iterator="cat" array="cats">
        <mvt:do name="l.doit" file="g.module_library_db" value="Category_Load_Code( l.settings:cat, l.settings:thisCategory)" />
        <mvt:do name="l.doit" file="g.module_library_db" value="Runtime_ProductList_Load_Offset_Category( l.settings:thisCategory:id, 0, 0, g.NextOffset, l.settings:myProducts )" />

<br><br>&mvt:cat;<br>
        <mvt:foreach iterator="product" array="myProducts">
            &mvt:product:name; <br>
        </mvt:foreach>
    </mvt:foreach>
    In case of 10 products in the "cat-A" and 6 products in the "cat-B" the output will be:

cat-A
    prod-1-cat-A
    prod-2-cat-A
    prod-3-cat-A
    prod-4-cat-A
    prod-5-cat-A
    prod-6-cat-A
    prod-7-cat-A
    prod-8-cat-A
    prod-9-cat-A
    prod-10-cat-A

cat-B
    prod-1-cat-B
    prod-2-cat-B
    prod-3-cat-B
    prod-4-cat-B
    prod-5-cat-B
    prod-6-cat-B
    prod-7-cat-A <--- leftover of cat-A
    prod-8-cat-A <--- leftover of cat-A
    prod-9-cat-A <--- leftover of cat-A
    prod-10-cat-A <--- leftover of cat-A

Sure enough, if every iteration we assign l.settings:myProducts to null, result will be as expected with no leftovers.
    Last edited by AHerb; 07-03-17, 11:15 AM.

Comment

That's the way most if not all of our xxxList_Load functions operate. The return value will indicate the number of "valid" records in the array. Since you cannot constrain the foreach loop in template code (you can in native MivaScript), your best bet is to just explicitly mvt:assign the output array to be empty before calling Runtime_ProductList_Load_Offset_Category.

Comment

Good to know.
        Would be great if you could add this to the function description in the Miva docs, this is vital.

Comment

Full HTTPS store

When a redirect URL is added in addition to a canonical URL for a product, and redirect URL is accessed via HTTPS, default MIVA's behavior is to redirect to the HTTP (non-secured) canonical and only after that to redirect to the secured URL.

If mentioned above 301 URL is accessed via ajax, it's not going to work due to mixed content (attempt to load an unsecured page from a secured site)

Comment

Hi AHerb

We have a bug that is fixed in 9.7. when using URI Management or Legacy SEO settings it is not currently possible to setup a full HTTPS store. That is because the URI Management > Runtime > URL Prefix field does not allow https.

Once the fix is out and you are able to set URL prefix to be secure, the Canonical URI should get output secure as well which would resolve this issue.

-Eric
            Eric Foresman
            Software Tester
            Miva Merchant
            http://www.mivamerchant.com/
            [email protected]

Comment

Here's one that's kind of silly, but I'll mention it anyway. On the main screen of the admin, in the white "What's New" bar at the top, there are icons with links to Miva's social channels. I just noticed that the link to the Miva blog and the Miva video pages lead to a 404 error page on the Miva site.
              Todd Gibson
              Oliver + S | Sewing Patterns for Kids and the Whole Family

Comment

Speaking of admin home page...

right information pannel:
                Information
                Miva Merchant 9.00067

and on top of the same page:
                Updates
                Miva Merchant 9.00065 is now available!

Comment

I'm not sure if this is better classified a bug or a design quirk, but I'll mention it here anyway.

When I have an order for digital products, the order is marked "Shipped" in the Order Processing | Orders screen as soon as it is placed. That's fine.

When I have an order for physical products, the order is marked "Pending" in the Order Processing | Orders screen when received. When I process it, status changes to "Processing." When I import a file with shipment information, status changes to "Shipped" and a tracking number gets saved. That's fine too.

But when I have an order that is a combination of physical and digital products and I upload shipment information, the status in the Order Processing | Orders screen sticks at "Partially Shipped." It doesn't get set to "Shipped." The same order, however, in the Order Processing | Shipments screen shows a status of "Shipped".

Shouldn't the status on the Order Processing | Orders screen to be set to "Shipped" as well in this case, since all items (digital and physical) are now delivered?
                  Todd Gibson
                  Oliver + S | Sewing Patterns for Kids and the Whole Family

Comment

With the release of Miva Merchant 9.7 (9.07.00) we're closing this thread.

If you discover any new bugs, please make sure you're on 9.07.00 or higher and then post them here:

https://www.miva.com/forums/forum/on...xx-bug-reports
                    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                    CEO
                    Miva, Inc.
                    [email protected]
                    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
                    X