Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Analytics Goals - checkout pages (not using short links)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Analytics Goals - checkout pages (not using short links)

I've got some GA goals set up, but the ones dealing with order/checkout screens are not collecting data. I had them set up in 2015 and they were working. I just checked in for the first time in a while and I see these Goals went dead in February 2016.

Ecommerce data still seems to be flowing. The other goals are collecting data.

Here's a sample URL from checkout:
    Code:
    https://www.storesmart.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Session_ID=7a000ad513c50d5b7e79b6e104f9f24f&
    I think "Screen=INVC"used to be in there somewhere, but now all the checkout screen URLs are the same, with session id and nothing else. How would I set this up as a destination?
    Doug
    Using Miva Merchant since 2004
    StoreSMART.com

In your particular case, you should be able to set the Destination method to Regular Expression with INVC as the goal, then simply pass the checkout screen codes in the Screen/Page for each step, e.g. ORDL, OCST, OSEL, OPAY.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Would you be able to explain:

Originally posted by Dan - Glendale Designs View Post
      pass the checkout screen codes in the Screen/Page for each step, e.g. ORDL, OCST, OSEL, OPAY.
      I'm a bit dumb with regex.
      Doug
      StoreSMART.com

Comment

You are just setting to regex, the values will actually just be "INVC", "ORDL", "OCST", "OSEL", "OPAY".

Comment

Thanks. I'm curious how that can work if "INVC", "ORDL", "OCST", etc are not in the actual URL.
          Doug
          StoreSMART.com

Comment

Your browser might not be showing the full url, but it is there. Regardless, the url is also passed directly in the Google Analytics tracking snippet as well, which includes the screen code.

Comment

Okay, I made the changes and let it run over the weekend, but no data came in. (I did have bunch of orders.)

GA.gif

Under View Settings>Exclude URL Query Parameters I have included Store_Code and Session_ID. This was necessary to get it working back in 2015 when I had the Destination set as Equals /mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=INVC. As I said, that worked for a few months, but then something changed.
              Doug
              StoreSMART.com

Comment

Really difficult to say from here without seeing the rest of the picture. We have implemented thousands of Google Analytics integations over the years, almost every store has different needs and there are usually some adjustments needed. I can already tell the on-site search tracking logic needs to be updated. If a professional integration service is something you are willing to consider, please feel free to reach out to us. I am quite confident we can narrow down your issues and implement a solid/stable integration.

Comment

Working...
                X