Braintree + Reference Transactions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Braintree + Reference Transactions?

I just switched our payment processing from Paypal to Braintree so that we can implement ApplePay.

After switching, I cannot figure out how to create "reference transactions" in Braintree like we did in Paypal. We use these reference transactions to add small additional charges if a customer decides to upgrade their shipping method, add a forgotten item, etc.. We use it just about every day as our customers always need to modify or add forgotten supplies to their initial order ;)

The Miva sales transactions do not seem to be vaulted in Braintree, so have we lost that reference transaction functionality if we continue to stay with Braintree?

Psydde Delicious
    Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
    Philadelphia, PA
    www.DeliciousBoutique.com
    www.DeliciousCorsets.com

We don't support reference transactions with PayPal or Braintree. How were you doing them before? Was it being done in Miva?
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

No, the reference transactions were never done within Miva, they are done in Paypal Manager.
      Psydde Delicious
      Philadelphia, PA
      www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

At some point in the future we may add this type of reference transaction to MivaPay. Braintree has their own version of charging someones card again and it is completely different from PayPals reference transactions.

If this is a critical piece to your business you could go back to Paypal for your regular credit card transactions and just use Braintree for Apple Pay transactions.
        Brennan Heyde
        VP Product
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

Brennan,

Yes, I believe that Braintree's version of "reference transactions" is called "clone transactions". I've been testing and it appears that this may resolve our issue. It would be great if this functionality was eventually added to Miva's Order Processing. Thanks for your assistance.

Psydde
          Psydde Delicious
          Philadelphia, PA
          www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Working...
          X