Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a layaway solution available for Miva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, Bill Davis

You might be able to cobble something together, but I'd consider one of the buy-now/pay-later systems like the ones PayPal (and others) offer.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

you might also be able to get creative using credit on account (have user make payments towards products - manual process for sure right now) - think Miva will eventually add layaway
      Sabine Sharp
      eCommerce Strategies & Solutions
      Glendale Designs
      Support Desk

Comment

I have a pre-order module that's in use by a couple of stores. It lets customers pay a percentage of the cost now, and the rest later on when you're ready to ship the item. And the percentage can be set to zero if you want to accept orders with no advance payment. The module has an admin page that makes it easy to process a bunch of orders with a few clicks when a product is ready to ship. If you're interested in this, you can drop me a line by email to discuss it in detail.

Thanks --
        Kent Multer
        Magic Metal Productions
        http://TheMagicM.com
        * Web developer/designer
        * E-commerce and Miva
        * Author, The Official Miva Web Scripting Book -- available on-line:
        http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...icmetalproducA

Comment

Those sound like good workaround, unfortunately I need something more automated.
          Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Originally posted by William Davis View Post
            Those sound like good workaround, unfortunately I need something more automated.
            Then i'd opt for the PayPal etc route. The bonus is you get the money upfront. There are two other system's I know about: Affirm and Klarna. Affirm has a plug in module (we wrote it) Klarna at the moment requires an expensive integration (we did one) but they both offer similar features to paypal credit. Basically providing 3 to 6 month payments with fixed or no fees if paid off (or at least they used too.)
            Bruce Golub
            Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
            phosphormedia.com

Comment

What do you mean by "more automated?" How would you like it to work?
              Kent Multer
              Magic Metal Productions
              * Web developer/designer
              * E-commerce and Miva

Comment

We use the Account Credit builtin to Miva for our Layaway service.
                Sincerely,

Stephen M. LaBar, Jr.
                (770) 441-9447
                The Martial Arts Store

Please Visit Our Site At:
                http://www.themartialartsstore.com

Comment

Bruce, PayPal would be great, unfortunately they no longer provide services for businesses in our industry, so they are not an option. But I will look into the other options you mentioned. I did think more or less along the same lines you suggested with MivaPay, as it would make sense since the foundation has already been laid which in this case is the most difficult part from my perspective.

Kent, as to automation, it is essential in todays world if you want to remain competitive and avoid making very costly mistakes. Should work similar to some online credit card companies, wherein customers can setup automatic debit for a minimum amount on a regular basis for a specified period based on certain rules:
                  • Category/Product (e.g.: For obvious reasons some categories/products would be excluded, and other would have different rules)
                  • Total amount of purchase
                  • Term
                  • Minimum payment
                  • Agreement
                  • Ability to accept additional payments
                  • Online statement history (e.g.: Debits, Credits, Balance, Fees)
                  • Transaction/Statement email notification
                  • Audit log of any changes made front & back end (e.g.: When, What, Where and Who) that can't be messed with
                  • Reports

Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Hmmm, my module isn't quite that sophisticated ... Maybe you could do something creative with Miva's subscription features? Subscriptions don't have to run indefinitely; you can set a subscription to run for a specific number of installments and then stop. There are features available to let customers view and change the subscription status.
                    Kent Multer
                    Magic Metal Productions
                    * Web developer/designer
                    * E-commerce and Miva

Comment

Originally posted by Kent Multer View Post
                      Hmmm, my module isn't quite that sophisticated ... Maybe you could do something creative with Miva's subscription features? Subscriptions don't have to run indefinitely; you can set a subscription to run for a specific number of installments and then stop. There are features available to let customers view and change the subscription status.
                      That is what I was thinking and possibly what Bruce was thinking as well. I believe the a very strong foundation has already been laid down by Miva with Miva Pay, if there is enough demand for it they would eventually develop it, its just a matter of principled priorities what features can be best leveraged by most merchants in the shortest period of time, etc...
                      Last edited by William Davis; 10-10-17, 01:06 PM.
                      Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Working...
                      X