Done!

Leave a comment:

• kayakbabe
    replied
    leslie, you sure can if you want to!

Leave a comment:

• Matt Zimmermann
    replied
    kayakbabe On the search page, Levels does have a left navigation column. For adding your faceting, you would put it there.

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    replied
    Originally posted by kayakbabe View Post
    How does the SRCH template changes affect the levels ready theme? Levels doesn't have a left navigation
    This may be a good question for the Levels ReadyTheme topic. Would you like me to move it there for you?

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied
    It’s always the 15th after the 90th day post release (unless there’s a security issue). I believe we released 9.07.00 on October 16th, so I believe that means January 15th.

You don’t ever have to make template changes though, only update the core software.

Leave a comment:

• 2CDev
    replied
    At which date will stores be charged for not being updated? The reason I ask is because I am currently working on a few projects where the cost of doing the template changes on stores that are on their way out, might be more than paying the "fine". We ARE updating the dev stores involved with those clients.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Zimmermann
    replied
    https://www.miva.com/mm9.7_template_changes.html

Leave a comment:

• 2CDev
    replied
    Okay. Is there any documentation on which parts of the templates have been updated so that we can more easily see what to apply where, without totally breaking our layouts?

Leave a comment:

• Matt Zimmermann
    replied
    Following the template change list and applying what is relevant is the best path at this time. We should be releasing 9.7 versions of the ReadyThemes sometime after the first of the year.

Leave a comment:

• 2CDev
    replied
    Okay, so I have several dev stores set up right now that only have data and Levels installed. No customizations have been done. I WOULD like to take advantage of all of the new features. What is the best path to do that?

Leave a comment:

• Matt Zimmermann
    replied
    Hi Holly,

Correct, you do not need to make the template changes if you are not planning on implementing any of the new features. As for the CTGY, as well as SRCH, template changes, those are to support faceting.

Leave a comment:

• 2CDev
    replied
    To be clear, if we have established stores using Ready Themes, we do not need to make ALL of the template changes, unless we want to use the facets, search and account features?

Some of the template updates, like to the CTGY template, break the layout. (We are using Levels RT) It would be nice to know what each change is for, so that we know if we need to mess with it or not.

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    replied
    Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
    There's none that if you ignore will break things. There's only a few and they're for enabling facets, predictive search, improved customer account security and a couple other items.
    If you are using MailChimp you will need to uninstall the module, items, tokens, and everything related.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied
    There's none that if you ignore will break things. There's only a few and they're for enabling facets, predictive search, improved customer account security and a couple other items.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X