Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Only Show a Certain Level of the Nav Tree, OR, make the NAV BAR work on IOS w/o links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only Show a Certain Level of the Nav Tree, OR, make the NAV BAR work on IOS w/o links

This is kind of a multi-level problem that I'm trying to sort out. I'll do my best to describe it, so my apologies if this is a bit confusing

Basically, the navigation bar is setup so that you select your vehicle, generation, then specific model. When you select what vehicle you have, it just the specific categories under that vehicle, and none of those above
    As seen here: http://www.vdubwarehouse.com/mm5/mer..._Code=A7_GolfR

The problem with this is that, on an Iphone, I have found that if I don't have anything linked in the NAV Bar categories, then you can't open up the bar to the sub category (For Example, you can't click on GTI/Golf, and then select the MK7 chassis). This makes the website useless for IOS users.

To fix this, I need to give the Nav Bar options all links, this fixes the issue, however right now the categories are in-active so if someone actually clicks on them, it says the category is not available. If I make all these categories active, then when you open up any vehicle, it still shows every other parent category and vehicle on the left hand side, making things confusing.

I'm playing with different options trying to fix this, right now I've properly linked the navigation bar options to their respective categories, and if someone clicks on one that is inactive, it gives an error, but at least the NAV bar works on IOS, and when someone is the category for their vehicle, it only shows the sub-categories for that particular vehicle on the title tree to the left.

I need to figure out how to either make the NAV BAR work on IOS without links to categories I don't want them actually going to, OR, I need to make all the categories active, but not have the irrelevant categories visible on the left bar

Any thoughts/suggestions on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    -Brian

IPhone and IPad (versions ?) do not see the button as clickable.

In the navbar-header div. Add "cursor=pointer" to the button class="navbar-toogle....

Comment

Originally posted by razertip View Post
      IPhone and IPad (versions ?) do not see the button as clickable.

In the navbar-header div. Add "cursor=pointer" to the button class="navbar-toogle....
      Updated this, still seem to have the issue

<button class="cursor=pointer" "navbar-toggle" type="button" data-toggle="collapse" data-target=".bs-navbar-collapse"><span class="sr-only">Toggle navigation</span><div class="barGroup"><span class="icon-bar"></span><span class="icon-bar"></span><span class="icon-bar"></span></div><span class="menuText">MENU</span></button>

Comment

Cancel that, I may have copied into the wrong spot, one moment while I test again

Comment

Yeah, still no luck razertip. That changed the look of the menu button some, but I still can't click into the categories. Any other thoughts? Or did I enter it in the wrong code spot?

Comment

Try this, in your css/00000001/readytheme.css file. Find this .navbar .nav li add "cursor: pointer" you should have something like:

.navbar .nav li {
            text-align: center;
            color: #fff;
            cursor: pointer /* Ipad - not clickable on navbar */
            }

Remove "cursor=pointer" from <button class="cursor=pointer" "navbar-toggle" type="button" data-toggle.... That you added

Comment

Originally posted by razertip View Post
              Try this, in your css/00000001/readytheme.css file. Find this .navbar .nav li add "cursor: pointer" you should have something like:

.navbar .nav li {
              text-align: center;
              color: #fff;
              cursor: pointer /* Ipad - not clickable on navbar */
              }

Remove "cursor=pointer" from <button class="cursor=pointer" "navbar-toggle" type="button" data-toggle.... That you added
              That did it! Thank you!

Comment

Working...
              X