Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Facet Search Bug? Out of stock items shown.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facet Search Bug? Out of stock items shown.

We just added the faceted search feature to a site, and discovered that it appears out of stock items are accounted for in the Facet Filters. The actual returned results don't show the OOS items, but the filters indicate their presence.

For example, a search returns two items, but the Price filter show 0 - 10 (2) 10 - 20 (1). Clicking the '10 - 20' filter results in a blank search return result.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Definitely a bug that that is supposed to be in fixed in the upcoming release.
    Mark Hood
    Vermont Gear

Comment

Thanks for the notice. Any timeframe?
      Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

I think this is why they hate time frames. "will be fixed in 9.08, which will be right after Christmas"
        Mark Hood
        Vermont Gear

Comment

Lol...
          Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

It's in testing now, expected to be released this month.
            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
            CEO
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]
            https://www.miva.com

Comment

This may be a similar problem, or maybe different, but I'm also experiencing products being displayed in the filtered results that do not have variants in stock for the facet selected.

For example, a customer wants to search for pants in size XXS, an uncommon size. When they select the facet option for size XXS, instead of only seeing the one pair of pants available in their size, they are presented with a filtered set of 40 products. All of the products had an XXS size attribute created from the attribute template, but only one of those 40 results actually has a size XXS in stock and available to purchase.
              Psydde Delicious
              Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
              Philadelphia, PA
              www.DeliciousBoutique.com
              www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

delcorsets from dev:

Search results/category product lists don’t take variant inventory into account (they never have). We have it as an issue to resolve at some point in the future.
                Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                CEO
                Miva, Inc.
                [email protected]
                https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thanks for the update on this.

Before having MAP set up facets on our site I really had no idea that the facet filters would be displaying out of stock sizes.. definitely a bummer as I can't really go live with this update until this is resolved. It obviously would be very frustrating for a customers searching for XXL clothing to see 20 products displayed, but maybe only one of them would actually be available/in-stock in their size.

I hope, and would request, that this might be prioritized for a sooner update rather than a later... it seems like a rather important issue that would also affect a lot of other industries besides just apparel sizing.
                  Psydde Delicious
                  Philadelphia, PA
                  www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Yes - would be nice if that would work. As an alternative you could turn off the facets counts and put the out of stock ones (with variant smarts) at the end and/or not show them at all - not great, but maybe workable?
                    Sabine Sharp
                    eCommerce Strategies & Solutions
                    Glendale Designs
                    Support Desk

Comment

GDesigns I'm not completely sure I understand what you're suggesting? I would be fine with turning off the facet counts, but I'm not sure I understand how I could move/hide the products with unavailable/out of stock size variants? I'm definitely open to finding a solution.. I was really hoping to be live with working size facets in time for holiday sales.
                      Psydde Delicious
                      Philadelphia, PA
                      www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Psydde - I sent you an email
                        Sabine Sharp
                        eCommerce Strategies & Solutions
                        Glendale Designs
                        Support Desk

Comment