My Account within Breadcrumb in wishlist pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Account within Breadcrumb in wishlist pages

Why does the My Account link not come up within the breadcrumb trail when I am logged into My Account and navigating the wish list pages?

Jamie
    Jamie Donaldson
    JSDVS Web Design / Development
    Web Design | Web Development | E-commerce Design & Integration

My Account (i.e., ACED screen) isn't a "parent" or "child" of the WLST page...but you could probably put it in there using a conditional in the breadcrumb widget. I.e.,

IF screen EQ WLST
    <link to ACED screen>My Account</>
    ENDIF
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
      My Account (i.e., ACED screen) isn't a "parent" or "child" of the WLST page...but you could probably put it in there using a conditional in the breadcrumb widget. I.e.,

IF screen EQ WLST
      <link to ACED screen>My Account</>
      ENDIF
      Yep, thought about doing that. Seems like the WLST, WLAD would be a child of My Account though, since you have to have an account to use the Wish List features. Plus, the Wallet and Settings pages all have the breadcrumb for My Account, but the Wish List pages don't. Didn't really make sense off hand. Guess there is something in the parent/child relationship I am not getting here.

Jamie
      Jamie Donaldson

Comment

The breadcrumbs are not true breadcrumbs (as in how did I get here?) but instead are used to indicate nested product categories. e.g. category -> category -> category -> product

All other pages are siblings and don't have a parent -> child relationship.
        Ray Yates
        "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
        --- Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

yup, what he said :)
          Bruce Golub
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by RayYates View Post
            The breadcrumbs are not true breadcrumbs (as in how did I get here?) but instead are used to indicate nested product categories. e.g. category -> category -> category -> product

All other pages are siblings and don't have a parent -> child relationship.
            Okay. I'm daft. No parent/child relationship between My Account >> pages within the Wish List, but there is a parent/child relationship between the other links (within My Account >> Settings and My Account >> Wallet) in My Account. Pooh once said "The way things are, is the way things are". I'll have to go with that. :)

Jamie
            Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Old thread I know, but wish lists can be made public and be searched/accessed without an account.

That would be my best guess as to why there is no parent child relationship for WISH/WLST.

What's weird though is ORDH/ORDS can be accessed without an account as well, but the breadcrumbs change based on if you're logged in or not.

Logged in: Home > Account > Order History

Logged out: Home > Order History

I'll post this in the Dream Feature thread.
              Nick Harkins
              www.loveisarose.com
              *Web Developer
              *Miva
              *Google Analytics, Search Console, Tag Manager, Merchant Center, Ads

Comment

Working...
              X