Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BCC Abandoned Basket emails displays paperclip in mail client yet no attachments.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BCC Abandoned Basket emails displays paperclip in mail client yet no attachments.

Our mail client MS Outlook 2016 displays a paperclip mail attachment for all BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) Abandoned Basket emails received yet there are no attachments.

Reviewed email and template source and did not find anything wrong. I don't believe its a BCC related issue due to the fact that its the only mail template that causes this problem.

There are reports of Outlook users with the same problems, but I only notice this problem with BCC Abandoned Baskets emails. Thus I suspect this particular email template might be coded and/or configured differently.

Any ideas?
    Thank you, Bill Davis

Any images on the page? In signature may be?
    MS quite often treats images as attachments.

Comment

Originally posted by AHerb View Post
      Any images on the page? In signature may be?
      MS quite often treats images as attachments.
      Yes the email contains a few images no different than customer/merchant order confirmation emails (e.g.: Logo, Green Check-mark, product thumbnail, contact glyphs) and those email templates don't have that issue.

My concern is that people will not open their abandoned cart emails due to virus concerns, or inadvertently get classified as SPAM by mail clients and/or anti-virus software.
      Last edited by William Davis; 02-23-18, 11:53 AM.
      Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Working...
      X