This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miva Merchant 9.08.xx Bug Reports

Please post any bugs related to Miva Merchant 9.08.xx here.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

In Shipping Rules, If you select a method and assign it to an availability group, the Availability Group count increments as expected.

The bug: If you rename the Availability Group it is no longer assigned. If you then assign it to the NEW group name, the count increments again, even though it's actually the same group.
    Ray Yates
    "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
    --- Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

EDIT: PayPal Express payment info not coming through to Stone Edge. Miva and Stone Edge worked together and this bug is fixed, but thought I would post this so people on StoneEdge know to get a new copy of the import module from StoneEdge.

Comment

Hi Ray

Thanks for the info, I have added a bug for that issue.

-Eric
        Eric Foresman
        Software Tester
        Miva Merchant
        http://www.mivamerchant.com/
        [email protected]

Comment

The state list and the state based sales tax do not use a database index id to stay related. Relationships aren't kept between these two tables if you change an abbreviation.

in my instance I need two tax zones for the same state.
          Example California 7.25 and California Orange County 7.75.
          I created the states
          CA California
          CA-OC California (Orange County)
          then I setup state based sales tax
          California 7.25
          California (Orange County) 7.75

I am playing with mivascript and found out that the abbreviation CA-OC is bad as the hyphen is a minus in mivascript.
          So i decided to change it to something else in the states table.
          and ended up breaking the sales tax because the abbreviation changed (sales tax table showed an error saying the state didn't exist)
          So that is how I figured out the sales tax table doesn't relate via an index and instead uses the abbreviation to track things.

basically what I am doing is verifying on checkout that the zip code they selected is or isn't in orange county and then forcing the correct state selection based upon their zip code. If they are in an Orange county zip code, I can change their shipping state, so the correct sales tax is collected.

Last edited by kayakbabe; 03-15-18, 04:56 PM.

Comment

is anyone having an issue with sales tax amount not changing?
            I deleted everything from the basket and put in different items and yet the sale tax amount doesn't change at all?
            I think this is new since after I updated miva today. It was changing yesterday. I even backed out all my changes and no matter what. my tax is 2.97. I even made the b2bnotax module inactive, just in case that was a problem. I am using the levels theme.

and also, when I change the quantity of the items in the basket, and go through checkout again. the tax amount isn't changing. and I looked, I do not have 2.97 hardcoded into anything.
            Last edited by kayakbabe; 03-15-18, 05:23 PM.

Comment

I think 9.08.01 has some basket problems, I updated to it this evening.
              and now my basket tax amount and contents don't wipe out when logging a customer out.
              If i Logout, then go shopping as a new customer and try to add a new item.
              the old basket comes up. AND the new item a isn't added.
              now if i go to add another new item b, the old basket and the item b are showing (but not the first item a I tried to add)

At this point I expect to only see
              1 item a
              1 item b

but what I see is
              previous customer 29 items and 1 item b.

also the tax isn't updateing
              remember I Logged out... BUT the old customer address is being populated into the checkout!
              Last edited by kayakbabe; 03-15-18, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Hi kayakbabe

I have not seen any of these issues before, and don’t seem to be able to reproduce them on my test server. Have you tried viewing the store front in a different browser or clearing all of the browser cache and cookies?

If none of that helps I recommend opening a service ticket so support can take a look at your store and try to figure out what is going wrong.

Hope this helps
                -Eric
                Eric Foresman
                Software Tester
                Miva Merchant
                [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by kayakbabe View Post
                  The state list and the state based sales tax do not use a database index id to stay related. Relationships aren't kept between these two tables if you change an abbreviation.

in my instance I need two tax zones for the same state.
                  Example California 7.25 and California Orange County 7.75.
                  I created the states
                  CA California
                  CA-OC California (Orange County)
                  then I setup state based sales tax
                  California 7.25
                  California (Orange County) 7.75

I am playing with mivascript and found out that the abbreviation CA-OC is bad as the hyphen is a minus in mivascript.
                  So i decided to change it to something else in the states table.
                  and ended up breaking the sales tax because the abbreviation changed (sales tax table showed an error saying the state didn't exist)
                  So that is how I figured out the sales tax table doesn't relate via an index and instead uses the abbreviation to track things.

basically what I am doing is verifying on checkout that the zip code they selected is or isn't in orange county and then forcing the correct state selection based upon their zip code. If they are in an Orange county zip code, I can change their shipping state, so the correct sales tax is collected.
                  Hi kayakbabe

I had to reread this post before I completely understood it, and you are correct. If you edit a state code any state based sales tax records assigned to it will no longer be correctly linked to that state. I have added a bug for this issue
                  is anyone having an issue with sales tax amount not changing?
                  I deleted everything from the basket and put in different items and yet the sale tax amount doesn't change at all?
                  I think this is new since after I updated miva today. It was changing yesterday. I even backed out all my changes and no matter what. my tax is 2.97. I even made the b2bnotax module inactive, just in case that was a problem. I am using the levels theme.

and also, when I change the quantity of the items in the basket, and go through checkout again. the tax amount isn't changing. and I looked, I do not have 2.97 hardcoded into anything.
                  I have not been able to reproduce this issue, it should be noted however that tax is only calculated once you hit the OPAY page of checkout. If other pages of checkout have the tax value displayed then it will still be the old value until you get to OPAY and it is recalculated there.

Please let me know if that is still not working correct for you.

I think 9.08.01 has some basket problems, I updated to it this evening.
                  and now my basket tax amount and contents don't wipe out when logging a customer out.
                  If i Logout, then go shopping as a new customer and try to add a new item.
                  the old basket comes up. AND the new item a isn't added.
                  now if i go to add another new item b, the old basket and the item b are showing (but not the first item a I tried to add)

At this point I expect to only see
                  1 item a
                  1 item b

but what I see is
                  previous customer 29 items and 1 item b.

also the tax isn't updateing
                  remember I Logged out... BUT the old customer address is being populated into the checkout!
                  in the default software and framework logging out of a customer account does not delete your basket, so even thou you have logged out all of the basket items and entered addressed attached to the basket record should still be present.

Brennan has told me that they do setup some stores so that whenever a customer is logged out it deletes the basket and it might even be apart of a ready theme framework, but it is not a standard behavior.

regardless of that adding an item to the basket should always work and if it is not we should look into why. However that part of this issue I have not been able to reproduce.

-Eric
                  Eric Foresman
                  Software Tester
                  Miva Merchant
                  [email protected]

Comment

I finally figured out the tax calculations were being messed up by the weiland b2bnotax module. So I got rid of it.
                    T

Comment

Coupon System Bug? Or maybe a feature for the dream list?

I have figured out how to use the new coupon discounted categories feature. That is FABUOUS!

My issue come from this scenario

I want a coupon that requires a customer to buy at least 1000 units from Category X.

I want the coupon to apply to all items in the basket.

But I can't figure out how to do it. It seems like the settings are straight forward but they aren't. I think that restrict to qualifying quantity is NOT including the possible items from the discount category in it's calculation. And it sure seems like it should. These are my price group settings.

Code:
                      name: 3 percent for 1k min qty of Brand X (category X)
                      eligibility: coupon only
                      Type: product discount
                      apply discount to: lowest price line item
                      maximum item discount quantity: 0
                      maximum Cumulative Discount: 0
                      Restrict to qualifying subtotal : 0 - 0
                      Restrict to qualifying quantity: 1000-0
                      Restrict to qualifying weight: 0-0
                      restrict to basket subtotal 0-0
                      restrict to basket weight 0-0
                      Basket Description: 3% off for having 1000 Brand X in your order
                      check Display discount in bakset
                      check apply to all product unless excluded
                      unchecked valid before
                      unchecked valid after
                      priority: 0
                      Exclusions: everything is set to Allow Combination
                      Is this a bug? Or would it be a new feature that wasn't considered when adding the categories as a selector for the coupons?

Comment

Hi kayakbabe

Currently we don’t have a “qualifying categories” option for price groups. You can still set this up in the “qualifying products” list and using advanced search to only show all products in the chosen category to assign them all.

However this would still need to be updated anytime a change to that category happens.

If having a qualifying category is something that a lot of people would use please let us know in the dream features forum.

Thanks
                        -Eric
                        Eric Foresman
                        Software Tester
                        Miva Merchant
                        [email protected]

Comment

It appears that something has changed, and the link to Visit Forums on the main page of the admin screen no longer points to the correct URL.
                          Todd Gibson
                          Oliver + S | Sewing Patterns for Kids and the Whole Family

Comment

Todd,

I just clicked on it from my store and it takes me to the Forums. What link does it provide you?
                            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                            CEO
                            Miva, Inc.
                            [email protected]
                            https://www.miva.com

Comment

I see what it is now. The link in the UI is to: http://extranet.miva.com/forums/index.php but that's not the URL of the forums is any longer. It's redirecting me now, but earlier today the redirect to the current URL for the forums wasn't working and I was getting a page not found link.
                              Todd Gibson
                              Oliver + S | Sewing Patterns for Kids and the Whole Family

Comment

Working...
                              X