Multi-valued facets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi-valued facets

Is there documentation on multi-values facets, where one custom field can contain multiple values separated by a delimiter? It was supposed to be part of 9.8. I'm wondering if I need to use combination facets?
    Susan Petracco
    NetBlazon

Like us on Facebook

Here are the docs on it:

https://docs.miva.com/how-to-guides/...e-custom-field

You don't need to use combination facets, those are only if you need a year/make/model lookup tool where multiple facets are grouped together.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thanks Rick. I remember seeing this before, now - but couldn't find it today.
      Susan Petracco
      NetBlazon

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Oops...I meant Brennan! (More coffee...)
        Susan Petracco
        NetBlazon

Like us on Facebook

Comment

I have a small dilemma.
          We have a field for battery types that a product contains.
          Most products only take one type of battery, but we have some that take two types (different battery in the controller than in the toy).
          I suppose we can just list both however we would like it to appear in the results if someone just chose one of the battery types.

for example
          if the toy contains AA batteries and someone selects AA in the facet
          but if the facet field contains AA and 9V wouldn't that appear as a separate facet option?

is there a way to make it "combined" for the battery facet to combine "AA" with "AA and 9V"?

Comment

If you use a multi-value custom field and you put in both battery types, Miva will split them out into individual facets so you would see AA and 9V. Are you saying you don't want 9V to show?
            Brennan Heyde
            VP Product
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]
            https://www.miva.com

Comment

No i want both to show but in one facet.

so it appears as

Power Type
              AA
              AAA
              9V

But the drop down data entry for the product custom field admin is really important. We have so many varieties of AA batteries.. that it is comical. The new miva 9 data entry for the products is going to be a huge help to reigning in that human creativity.

Comment

Is there such a thing as a "combined facets" ? -- to be clear the multi-value custom field won't work for our company. I want something a little different.

basically I want to give my data entry people drop downs of choices of battery types ( a limited set of battery types)
                so for items that have two kinds of batteries, they can only choose from a specific list of possible batteries.

in the past we get all kinds of messy data entry from "2AA, 9V" "two AAs and a 9 Volt", "one 9 v & 2 double A" for the same combo of batteries.. as you can imagine this makes for some really bad and long facet lists.

If I could have custom fields for battery1, battery2, battery3 and then combine them to display as one battery facet... this would be ideal!
                I could then use drop down entry for each of those custom fields and limit the possibilities that a data entry person could selection from (since they can't just type whatever they want to)

Is this a dream feature?

Comment

OMG! 9.8 update has it! THANK YOU! Trying it out now!

Comment

Well, drat! It doesn't work like I thought it would. It is super fantastic for a drill down kind of thing.. exactly like the example of cars (year>make>model and that kind of thing.

but combination facets aren't a flat one dimensional kind of facet.

I supposed what I want is a hybrid, something between combination facets and multi-value custom field. ... basically I Want a multi-value custom field where the values are selected from a drop down in the admin.

I can't make multiple selections in the drop down work. Sure would be nice! hint hint hint!
                    Last edited by kayakbabe; 06-20-18, 02:58 PM. Reason: clarifying what I mean by adding from a drop down.

Comment

I'm trying to style my combination facet dropdown, but editing the combination facet css doesn't seem to work. Is there a default dropdown style somewhere else?
                      www.jcroffroad.com

Comment

Working...
                      X