Facets Attribute codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facets Attribute codes

We have a few 100 different attribute facets, when facets were enabled they are globally made active and visible. Is there a way to globally make them inactive and hidden without doing 1 at a time?

Also the facet codes look like this attribute-056dc948afb3c9a97fef2349919ed943 is there a way to identify what that is associated with?

Thanks

Mark

I'm confused? So do you just not want to use attributes as a facet?
    Utility Settings > Standard Facet Settings
    Uncheck the box for attributes
    Mark Hood
    Vermont Gear

Comment

No I dont want all the attribute facets to show on every category... by default they were all set to applied and visible so I had to go through all 200+ individually and set to hidden then enable them just for the categories I want them to show up in (some products are in multiple categories but dont want to have facets for them outside their main category).

My main issue now is I have about 200 facet codes like this attribute-056dc948afb3c9a97fef2349919ed943. I dont have any way to associate that code with what attribute it is actually associated with other than making them active one at a time and seeing what it does. I looked in DB tables but dont see an association.

Comment

See attached Image.

Comment

Originally posted by BkraM View Post
          ... I have about 200 facet codes like this attribute-056dc948afb3c9a97fef2349919ed943. I dont have any way to associate that code with what attribute it is actually associated with other than making them active one at a time and seeing what it does.
          Me too!

I did this on Catalog >> Facets, and then I get to go to the category screen and had to do it again. And, then, low and behold on both of those, the Edit Priorities button gives me the same nightmare. Luckily, I made a list of the codes versus what the attribute really is titled, But then I have to cross reference each of those areas with my entirely too-long list I had to make.

Did I miss something in how to figure this out in another way and without so much time-consumption?

Jamie.

Jamie Donaldson
          JSDVS Web Design / Development
          Web Design | Web Development | E-commerce Design & Integration

Comment

Guess I didn't miss anything? Is it as Pooh says: "The way things are is the way things are"??

Why are the attributes coded as such? Is it because it was an older store and hopefully the newer additions of attribute templates/attributes are different??

Really wondering here....

Jamie
            Jamie Donaldson

Comment

If I recall correctly we dynamically rename the facet code to a generic value like attribute-xxxxxxx if thwe attribute code is not unique or too long. There is no way around it currently.
              Brennan Heyde
              VP Product
              Miva, Inc.
              [email protected]
              https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thanks for letting me know, Brennan. Guess I'll plug along with my time-consuming method for now then.

I do so very much appreciate the response,

Jamie
                Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Working...
                X