Google Shopping Import File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Shopping Import File

With the newest release of Miva, every field required for Google Shopping can be imported easily with a CSV import file EXCEPT the required checkbox for the Image in Google Shopping Product Settings.

In previous versions, this either worked or was not required and you could easily add hundreds of products to Google Shopping with one import file.

Now the steps required are as follows:
    1. Search for the product
    2. Select and open the product
    3. Select Marketplace - Google Shopping Product Settings
    4. Scroll all the way down and add a check mark to the image
    5. Click on [Update]
    6. Then repeat 105 more times!
    Miva Supports solution -
    Create an XML script file for each product. How is that any easier?

Hi pcruss,

Can you clarify what you mean by the newest release of Miva (I'm assuming 9.10.00)? If not, can you tell us what version you started on (where it worked) and what version you upgraded to (no longer works)? Selecting of images has never been supported through CSV, but it is supported through XML provisioning. Are you getting an error when you're attempting to upload products to Google Shopping now? If so, what error are you getting? Are you having issues uploading a single product or a product variant?

Thanks
    David Carver
    Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

Can you guys please post the code for enabling an image type in Google Shopping via XML provisioning. We often update our products using XML provisioning, but it looks like Miva may need to update the list here: https://docs.miva.com/xml-provisioning

Comment

Here is an example of checking an image type or checking an image directly.

Code:
        <Module code="marketplaces" feature="util">
            <GoogleShopping>
                <ItemSettings_Update product_code="xxx">
                    <VariationImageTypes>
                        <ImageType>Main</ImageType>
                    </VariationImageTypes>
                    <Images>
                        <Image type="Main" />
                        <Image path="/mm5/graphics/xxx.jpg" />
                    </Images>
                </ItemSettings_Update>
            </GoogleShopping>
        </Module>
        David Carver

Comment

Yes, we are running 9.10 right now and know it was not working since 9.07. This is a real pain. I don't know XML and not sure how this would help when adding 100's of records.
          Kindly, make a CSV import option work again.

Thanks~

Comment

Hi pcruss,

Can you either post or PM me a snippet of the CSV file that used to work for you? Importing through CSV / XML are very similar, but XML does give you the ability to select image / variation image types. How are you building your CSV with hundreds of records?

Thanks
            David Carver

Comment

Originally posted by dcarver View Post
              Here is an example of checking an image type or checking an image directly.

Code:
              <Module code="marketplaces" feature="util">
              <GoogleShopping>
              <ItemSettings_Update product_code="xxx">
              <VariationImageTypes>
              <ImageType>Main</ImageType>
              </VariationImageTypes>
              <Images>
              <Image type="Main" />
              <Image path="/mm5/graphics/xxx.jpg" />
              </Images>
              </ItemSettings_Update>
              </GoogleShopping>
              </Module>
              Thanks for this! That said, there really should be an option to select a default image type that's selected by default. When you have 10,000 products this is still a lot of unnecessary work.

Comment

Ok, now that I am reading through my notes, it looks like in December of 2016 Google Shopping has changed the requirement for the product image. Before I would use a CSV file to import all the required Google Shopping fields, then noticed in Marketplaces - Google Shopping - [Products] the update feed stopped working. After talking with the technical support they informed that I had to add the image type and the only way to do this was to go into each product one by one and click on the checkbox to select the image. See the attached screenshot.
                Thanks for your help!

Comment

Something doesn't sound right to me on that. Feel free to contact us via our support desk if you would like us to take a closer look (unless Miva support already helped ;) )
                  Sabine Sharp
                  eCommerce Strategies & Solutions
                  Glendale Designs
                  Support Desk

Comment

If you can import the Product - Taxable and Active fields checkboxes with a CSV file logical value 0 or 1.
                    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/RUSS~1.ALL/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png[/IMG]
                    Why can’t you for the same thing with the Marketplace – Google Shopping Product Settings
                    Select image to use for Google Shopping? See the attached image for details.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pcruss View Post
                      If you can import the Product - Taxable and Active fields checkboxes with a CSV file logical value 0 or 1.
                      [IMG]file:///C:/Users/RUSS~1.ALL/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png[/IMG]
                      Why can’t you for the same thing with the Marketplace – Google Shopping Product Settings
                      Select image to use for Google Shopping? See the attached image for details.
                      Hi prcruss,

The reason you can do things like "Active" and "Taxable" are custom fields and have a standard field correlation associated with it (i.e. "taxable" / "active"). Variation image types / images do not. This may be something that could be added in the future, I'd have to see if there is a way those types of values can be handled through custom fields. What values do you want to set for the column name / column data? CUSTOMFIELDS:variation_image_type with a value of "Main" or "Image 1"? What about for images? CUSTOMFIELDS:images with a value of "graphics/00000001/image.jpg" for example?
                      David Carver

Comment

XML worked like a charm! Pretty easy to get it going in a spreadsheet. Is there something similar for eBay images? Need to work on that next.

Comment

Working...
                        X