Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lots of Orders Being pushed to review for Fraud. Checkout OCST help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of Orders Being pushed to review for Fraud. Checkout OCST help.

So since we have switched to miva 9 we have been getting a lot of orders puched to review by the fraud service and a lot of our customers are getting this error: Unable to authorize payment: Under review by Fraud Service.

Also when this happens and the order happens to make it through the fraud review, we are no longer able to get any of the order information. We are using the Payflow Pro for credit card processing.

Would the Show Baskets by Emporium Plus module help us retrieve the order information as in what the customer ordered and whatnot? Is that compatible with miva 9?

Most of the time it is caused by the billing address not matching the credit card being used.

I'm also thinking I should reorganize the OCST page to have the customer fill out the billing information first with bold text explaining it must match the address on the cad being used and then if they want to ship to a different address they can uncheck the box and fill it out for now.

I would like to eventually have to buttons instead of the box to check.

One button would say "Ship to a Different Address"

The other would say "Ship to billing Address"

If they click the first button it would make the shipping address fields appear just like the current check box functions, but it would also change the "Ship To Billing Address" button to say Continue like it normally would.

I was just wondering if I could get some feedback on whether or not this is a good idea and if it can in fact be done?

Oh and we are using the Suivant Readytheme

Thank you.
    -Nick Harkins
    Nick Harkins
    www.loveisarose.com
    *Web Developer
    *Miva
    *Google Analytics, Search Console, Tag Manager, Merchant Center, Ads

This all makes sense to me. I'm pretty sure I've shopped in stores that use a checkout scheme similar to what you describe. It might also be possible to set up better error handling. E.g. if the card number is invalid, take the customer back to OPAY; but if the billing address doesn't match the card, give them the option to go back to OCST and change the address.
    Kent Multer
    Magic Metal Productions
    http://TheMagicM.com
    * Web developer/designer
    * E-commerce and Miva
    * Author, The Official Miva Web Scripting Book -- available on-line:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...icmetalproducA

Comment

I guess it depends a lot on the products offered and how unique they are to the given website, but my personal opinion is that it's far better to let the fraud service flag the order internally but otherwise allow it to proceed. When I encounter issues like that as a shopper, I simply bail out and buy elsewhere, so even if I were contacted, I'd have likely already either purchased elsewhere or been frustrated enough to not want to complete the purchase. That of course is a moot point if the site is selling something very unique that I'd have no choice but to purchase from. If the transaction hadn't been reconciled yet, i.e. fraud flagged orders are reviewed daily and cancelled before end of day, typically the only financial penalty is the authorization fee, and that would have been paid regardless.
      David Hubbard
      CIO
      Miva
      [email protected]
      http://www.miva.com

Comment

Hmmm I think you might be onto something Kent. Is there a way to have miva read why the order was pushed to review by fraud service?

If its pushed to review because of a billing address not matching the card I think an error message reading:

"Unable to authorize payment: Under review by Fraud Service: Please make sure your Billing address matches the address on your credit card"

would be much more useful to the customer.

And like you said, we could also add a button that links them back to the OCST page so they can change it if that is indeed the case.

The only other thing I can think of doing is making a one page checkout, so that if they do need to change the address, they can do so from the same page.

We do sell very unique personalized gold dipped roses and personalized family trees. It is a situation where they can only get the product from us.

Here is our site in case you wanted to poke around.

https://www.loveisarose.com/

Nick Harkins
        www.loveisarose.com
        *Web Developer
        *Miva

Comment

Originally posted by SidFeyDesigns View Post
          Hmmm I think you might be onto something Kent. Is there a way to have miva read why the order was pushed to review by fraud service?
          I think that will depend on the gateway and payment module being used.

Kent Multer
          Magic Metal Productions
          http://TheMagicM.com
          * Web developer/designer
          * E-commerce and Miva
          * Author, The Official Miva Web Scripting Book -- available on-line:
          http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...icmetalproducA

Comment

Okay, We are using the PayPal Payments Advanced and/or Payflow Gateway. Perhaps i should reach out to them or Miva in regards to that.

Also Kent, at the end of May I sent an email about implementing your image upload product attribute module on our store. I will be replying to that within the next week and will be ready to make the payment. Just waiting on our host to straighten out our FTP information. Once I have that I will reply with all the information you requested and we will make the payment via the link you provided.

Sorry for the delay.
            Nick Harkins
            www.loveisarose.com
            *Web Developer
            *Miva

Comment

Working...
            X