Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I think you at Miva are aware how Buggy Marketplace - Google Shopping has been acting, At least at my store, Not being able to export parent/Child products. And some products are being assigned random extra images, ( which in my case is causing Google to make it a policy violation. ) I need to get this feature up and going. Any clue how long it will take to get this working right?
    Stephen Scheer
    Digital Visuals

Comment

The curious behavior of saving zero to a custom field.

In the product admin I can manually enter and save a value of 0 for a custom field.
      I can not use provisioning to update that field to zero. But I really want to! Because empty or null is not the same as zero

Comment

Originally posted by lickx View Post
        So I think you at Miva are aware how Buggy Marketplace - Google Shopping has been acting, At least at my store, Not being able to export parent/Child products. And some products are being assigned random extra images, ( which in my case is causing Google to make it a policy violation. ) I need to get this feature up and going. Any clue how long it will take to get this working right?
        Stephen - why don't you just go with a feed instead?
        Sabine Sharp
        eCommerce Strategies & Solutions
        Glendale Designs
        Support Desk

Comment

Originally posted by GDesigns View Post

Stephen - why don't you just go with a feed instead?
          Well...if the feature is going to be offed it should work.
          And to be honest i have not been able to get a good working and easily manageable/editable google shopping feed
          Stephen Scheer
          Digital Visuals

Comment

Originally posted by kayakbabe View Post
            The curious behavior of saving zero to a custom field.
            In the product admin I can manually enter and save a value of 0 for a custom field.
            I can not use provisioning to update that field to zero. But I really want to! Because empty or null is not the same as zero
            What type of custom field (category / product / customer/ order) and what is the field type? Also what version are you on? I know in the past there were issues with that, but you should be able to set 0 through provisioning.
            David Carver
            Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

Inventory at Checkout not exactly a BUG, but default setup for a new store and inventory isn't good.

default inventory settings when I switched from "Remove Products from Available Inventory" from when added to basket to at checkout
              had the "When Inventory is Unavailable at Checkout: Display Error Message and Redirect Shopper to Page:" set to the product page.

What occurs with that combination of settings is:
              Example: product has qty 5
              Shopper A puts 4 in their cart and keeps shopping.
              Shopper B buys 5.
              Shopper A finally wants to checkout.
              Shopper A clicks a checkout button and gets a blank PROD screen. The site looks broken because essentially it is. No product code or error message is passed to the PROD template (at least not in levels readytheme which I am using) in this scenario.
              Shopper A's sale is lost or they call and complain.
              Merchant is at a loss and mystified by this intermittent checkout problem.

Solution:

I believe that the proper default setting if someone is switching inventory settings to remove product from available inventory at checkout
              is to set the "When Inventory is Unavailable at Checkout: Display Error Message and Redirect Shopper to Page:" shopping cart.

There may be reasons to use a different page template, but the PROD is definitely not it.

At least when the redirection is the shopping cart, the error message shows up, shows them the qty remaining and also lets them immediate adjust or remove the item from their cart without them having to figure it out on their own. We got customer complaints and lost a lot of sales in the last few weeks since upgrading to Miva 9 because of the inventory not available setting.

Comment

Inappropriate error message displayed when inventory less than zero

It is possible to have current stock be less than zero. In this case, the error messages chosen by cmp-cssui-messages.mvc is not appropriate.
                The limited stock message should be given when the customer has more qty than is available in their shopping cart.
                When inventory is less than zero, the limited stock error message is given. The out of stock message SHOULD be given.

Example error message upon checkout at less than zero and zero inventory levels:
                AA141-M
                Current stock: -5
                Stock in baskets: 9

error message: Stock of 'AA141-M' is limited. Order now to ensure it arrives soon. Please adjust the quantity in your shopping cart. Quantity Available: -5

AA141-L
                Current stock: 0
                error message: Sorry, we are currently sold out of 'AA141-L'. Please add to your Wishlist so you can purchase when it comes into stock again.

Comment

Inappropriate error message displayed when inventory less than zero

It is possible to have current stock be less than zero. In this case, the error messages chosen by cmp-cssui-messages.mvc is not appropriate.
                  The limited stock message should be given when the customer has more qty than is available in their shopping cart.
                  When inventory is less than zero, the limited stock error message is given. The out of stock message SHOULD be given.

Example error message upon checkout at less than zero and zero inventory levels:
                  AA141-M
                  Current stock: -5

error message: Stock of 'AA141-M' is limited. Order now to ensure it arrives soon. Please adjust the quantity in your shopping cart. Quantity Available: -5

AA141-L
                  Current stock: 0
                  error message: Sorry, we are currently sold out of 'AA141-L'. Please add to your Wishlist so you can purchase when it comes into stock again.
                  Wishlist? I think you meant Old man Weiland's Waitlist (EP Tool Kit version). We use it and it works great, it automatically sends email when stock is replenished (at the variant level).

If you haven't used it I highly recommend it. If you get to implement it, I recommend you include the following prompts:

Before: "Join Wailtist -We'll email you only when this item becomes available.", and
                  After: "Continue shopping, we’ll email you only when this item becomes available, you will never be auto subscribed to any lists unless you specifically choose to do so."

Note: Tool Kits Waitlist user experience is not ideal and was a little tricky to get it working -a native solution would be ideal. We conditionally display the Tool Kits's Waitllist two-step option if product is sold out, ideally we prefer displaying a native solution with one-step option instead (hint, hint...). :)
                  Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Inventory at Checkout not exactly a BUG, but default setup for a new store and inventory isn't good.

default inventory settings when I switched from "Remove Products from Available Inventory" from when added to basket to at checkout
                    had the "When Inventory is Unavailable at Checkout: Display Error Message and Redirect Shopper to Page:" set to the product page.

What occurs with that combination of settings is:
                    Example: product has qty 5
                    Shopper A puts 4 in their cart and keeps shopping.
                    Shopper B buys 5.
                    Shopper A finally wants to checkout.
                    Shopper A clicks a checkout button and gets a blank PROD screen. The site looks broken because essentially it is. No product code or error message is passed to the PROD template (at least not in levels readytheme which I am using) in this scenario.
                    Shopper A's sale is lost or they call and complain.
                    Merchant is at a loss and mystified by this intermittent checkout problem.

Solution:

I believe that the proper default setting if someone is switching inventory settings to remove product from available inventory at checkout
                    is to set the "When Inventory is Unavailable at Checkout: Display Error Message and Redirect Shopper to Page:" shopping cart.

There may be reasons to use a different page template, but the PROD is definitely not it.

At least when the redirection is the shopping cart, the error message shows up, shows them the qty remaining and also lets them immediate adjust or remove the item from their cart without them having to figure it out on their own. We got customer complaints and lost a lot of sales in the last few weeks since upgrading to Miva 9 because of the inventory not available setting.

Hi Kayakbabe

Do you know when or how your "When Inventory is Unavailable at Checkout: Display Error Message and Redirect Shopper to Page:" setting was set to the Product Page? That isn't default, and neither the levels readytheme or the default framework modify that setting when applied. By default in a clean store that is set to the "Basket Contents" page which gets renamed to "shopping cart" in the levels readytheme.

I have added a bug for the low stock message being used when the inventory has gone negative issue. thanks for letting us know about it.

-Eric
                    Last edited by Eric Foresman; 08-27-18, 11:13 AM.
                    Eric Foresman
                    Software Tester
                    Miva Merchant
                    http://www.mivamerchant.com/
                    [email protected]

Comment

Eric, I don't know. I assumed it was the default. good to know. though documenting my experience might help someone in the future if they run into the same thing.

Thanks for the bug on the low stock message showing for negative stock.

Comment

Please disregard this post.

Thanks.
                        Last edited by compumate99; 08-31-18, 06:49 AM.
                        Daniel Kim, Compu-Mate
                        Developer

Comment

Admin Catalog:Categories Product Counts and Display not correct

Admin Catalog: Categories shows on the list of categories in the store admin, and on that list for category X it shows that I have 36 products assigned.

I go into the category, click on the products tab and I only see 30 products in the list.

I go to data management and export the products assigned to that category and I get a download file containing 42 products.

I check directly in the database:
                          I did a database look up to find the cat_id =317
                          then I search CategoryXProduct
                          SELECT * FROM s01_CategoryXProduct WHERE cat_id = 317
                          I do a database look up directly in the database and I have 42 products assign to the category.

things are not matching up.

I believe that the explanation for the difference from 30-42 is that category product tab is not showing inactive products. I can't not even do an advanced search to find active=no. There simply are no results. All the items assigned should show in this list whether active or not.

I can go to the product and then categories tab and see that the products are indeed assigned to the category in question.

However I can't explain the difference between 36 and 42 that is showing on the catalog:category listing. that doesn't make any sense at all.

Conclusions: the inactive products assigned to categories should display on the catalog:category:products tab. The count in the catalog:categories listing is incorrect.

note: also all the products do exist in the store. I checked to make sure, surmising that perhaps incomplete deletions from all tables might have occurred when deleting old products. this was not the case.

note2: this affects both our live store and our development store on a different server. Miva 9.11
                          Last edited by kayakbabe; 08-29-18, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Admin Catalog:Categories Product Counts and Display not correct

Admin Catalog: Categories shows on the list of categories in the store admin, and on that list for category X it shows that I have 36 products assigned.

I go into the category, click on the products tab and I only see 30 products in the list.

I go to data management and export the products assigned to that category and I get a download file containing 42 products.

I check directly in the database:
                            I did a database look up to find the cat_id =317
                            then I search CategoryXProduct
                            SELECT * FROM s01_CategoryXProduct WHERE cat_id = 317
                            I do a database look up directly in the database and I have 42 products assign to the category.

things are not matching up.

I believe that the explanation for the difference from 30-42 is that category product tab is not showing inactive products. I can't not even do an advanced search to find active=no. There simply are no results. All the items assigned should show in this list whether active or not.

I can go to the product and then categories tab and see that the products are indeed assigned to the category in question.

However I can't explain the difference between 36 and 42 that is showing on the catalog:category listing. that doesn't make any sense at all.

Conclusions: the inactive products assigned to categories should display on the catalog:category:products tab. The count in the catalog:categories listing is incorrect.

note: also all the products do exist in the store. I checked to make sure, surmising that perhaps incomplete deletions from all tables might have occurred when deleting old products. this was not the case.

note2: this affects both our live store and our development store on a different server. Miva 9.11

Hi Kayakbabe

1st what column are you displaying on the categories batchlist that is giving you a product assigned to category count? I don't seem to have that on my default store. Could it be a custom field?

2nd the edit category > products tab, assign list does not display inactive products by default. You can however set that list to display the inactive product by changing the "show products" setting. See screen cap.

image_1687.png

hope this helps

-Eric
                            Eric Foresman
                            Software Tester
                            Miva Merchant
                            [email protected]

Comment

Well geez. I was looking at the eye icon duh! Thanks!
                              But I do have a question about why does Uncategorized show in the menu you point out in the diagram when you are looking at the products within a category. If they are in the category whether active/inactive, then they are still categorized into the category.

Comment

Well geez. I was looking at the eye icon duh! Thanks!
                                But I do have a question about why does Uncategorized show in the menu you point out in the diagram when you are looking at the products within a category. If they are in the category whether active/inactive, then they are still categorized into the category.
                                You are currently viewing the edit category > product assign list. So that means you can see products both assigned and not assigned to that category. If you were to choose the “uncategorized” from the show products option you would only see those products not in any category at all.

hope this helps

-Eric
                                Eric Foresman
                                Software Tester
                                Miva Merchant
                                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X