This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miva Merchant 9.12.x Bug Reports

Please post any bugs found in 9.12.xx here.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Update seems to have broken my Kount advanced integration.
    Found a new checkbox in the braintree module that I had not seen before but it does not appear to have made a difference.
    Mark Hood
    Vermont Gear

Comment

Problem solved. Now I have 9.12. Logged in later this evening and everything is working.

Hi there. I run into some problemes and decided to wait and see. Getting error messages on my test system. I emptied all the baskets and have a clean Environment on my DEV.

Regards from Sweden. André aka Protos
      Last edited by Protos; 11-18-18, 10:42 AM.

Comment

A couple of things I noticed with the JSON API documentation (not Miva itself)

https://docs.miva.com/json-api/

- clicking the contents link at the top of the page doesn't seem to work (I tried chrome and firefox)
        - under Troubleshooting Authentication Issues > Access Denied, it lists three possible causes. I found a couple other ways to get this message:
        --- IP address is not on the whitelist
        --- The API token might not have the necessary privileges for the requested action (either not assigned to a group, or the group doesn't have that privilege)
        Looking for work as of March 2024! I've been a web developer for going on 20 years, with most of that time spent on Miva sites.

Comment

Hi Mike -

We'lll update the docs with the additional use cases for that error. Which link are you referring to which does not work?
          Brennan Heyde
          VP Product
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]
          https://www.miva.com

Comment

Hi Brennan sorry for the late response,

I mean the contents links at the top of the getting started guide - I thought these worked at first, but now they're not working for me (nothing happens when I click them) Capture.JPG
            Looking for work as of March 2024! I've been a web developer for going on 20 years, with most of that time spent on Miva sites.

Comment

Re-posting in this thread... If nobody else has seen this issue I'll open a support ticket. I have other sites that still need to be updated and this will be a big problem.

Updated to 9.12, haven't seen this bug mentioned.

On CTGY and PLST: Product level inventory setting for "Hide out of stock products = yes", is ignored. Products that are out of stock and have Hide out of stock products = yes are displayed on the page anyway. It functions as expected on SRCH.

Edit: Confirmed this behavior after updating another site.
              Last edited by Ron Frigon; 11-28-18, 05:36 PM.
              Ron Frigon
              Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Comment

WISHLIST the wishlist templates don't make sense

WISH LISTS LAYOUT

The default looks more like some kind of contact list layout, though the advanced template isn't at all the same and doesn't include first name or last name fields in the advanced template output.
                This should have product name, price, qty, etc kinds of fields.
                Displayed Fields:
                Title
                Name
                Notes
                Sorting Options:
                Off
                On
                Title
                First Name
                Last Name
                Default Sort Method:
                DefaultTitle AscendingTitle DescendingFirst Name AscendingFirst Name DescendingLast Name AscendingLast Name Descending WARNING: Changing the default sorting option to any value other than "default" will increase page load times and increase the load on your server. Be fully aware of the effect this will have on your store before changing this option!
                Reverse Default Display Order
                Pagination: Do not paginate wish lists
                Display wish lists per page
                Page Numbers: Do not show page count
                Display pages at a time
                Items Per Page Filter: Off
                On
                I am wondering if my wishlist components are up to date? Maybe I am seeing something that I shouldn't be?
                Code Name Active Provider Version Module Features
                cmp-mv-customerwishlists CSSUI Customer Wish Lists Yes Miva Merchant 9 modules/component/cmp-mv-customerwishlists.mvc component
                cmp-cssui-wishlists CSSUI Wish Lists Yes Miva Merchant 9.0001 modules/component/cmp-cssui-wishlists.mvc component,component_prov,designer,skins
                cmp-cssui-wishlistitems CSSUI Wish List Items Yes Miva Merchant 9.0003 modules/component/cmp-cssui-wishlistitems.mvc component,component_prov,designer,skins
                cmp-cssui-wishlistfields CSSUI Wish List Fields Yes Miva Merchant 9 modules/component/cmp-cssui-wishlistfields.mvc component,component_prov,designer,skins

i
                if not, then the wishlist really needs to be debugged... I reported another bug a while ago with the add all to basket button throwing up if a product is out of stock.

Comment

Minor But Annoying Bug: Yubi Key Code box Auto Populates with Password

On Chrome, the Yubi key field is not set to "Not auto populate" meaning I have to remember to clear that field (chrome tries to populate it with the password for that site) before hitting the key button.
                  Bruce Golub
                  Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                  phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
                    Minor But Annoying Bug: Yubi Key Code box Auto Populates with Password

On Chrome, the Yubi key field is not set to "Not auto populate" meaning I have to remember to clear that field (chrome tries to populate it with the password for that site) before hitting the key button.
                    Hi Bruce,
                    I just double checked and confirmed that we do have “autocomplete=off” on all login fields and forms including the Yubikey input. The issue here is that chrome started to ignore autocomplete=off back in “Chrome browser (Version 21.0.1180.89)”.

Really the only solution I have found it to turn off all saved passwords and auto fill option in chrome itself. But I understand that most people don’t want to do that.

-Eric
                    Eric Foresman
                    Software Tester
                    Miva Merchant
                    http://www.mivamerchant.com/
                    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Frigon View Post
                      Re-posting in this thread... If nobody else has seen this issue I'll open a support ticket. I have other sites that still need to be updated and this will be a big problem.

Updated to 9.12, haven't seen this bug mentioned.

On CTGY and PLST: Product level inventory setting for "Hide out of stock products = yes", is ignored. Products that are out of stock and have Hide out of stock products = yes are displayed on the page anyway. It functions as expected on SRCH.

Edit: Confirmed this behavior after updating another site.
                      Hi Ron,

I have confirmed this is a bug, when setting the “Hide out of stock products” at the product level. However If you set that setting to “Hide out of stock products” at the inventory settings level (Menu > Catalog > inventory.) then it should work correctly.

Thanks for letting us know about this.

-Eric
                      Eric Foresman
                      Software Tester
                      Miva Merchant
                      http://www.mivamerchant.com/
                      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Foresman View Post

Hi Bruce,
                        I just double checked and confirmed that we do have “autocomplete=off” on all login fields and forms including the Yubikey input. The issue here is that chrome started to ignore autocomplete=off back in “Chrome browser (Version 21.0.1180.89)”.

Really the only solution I have found it to turn off all saved passwords and auto fill option in chrome itself. But I understand that most people don’t want to do that.

-Eric
                        Yeah, autocomplete is a big disaster.

So to force "disable" the autocomplete with guarantee on one of our projects, we're faking the input names with random values (every page load it's a new value). Before the submit, javascript actually fixes the names to those we're expecting to get. Real names are passed as additional form attributes.

Don't know if you guys want to try something like that for the Yubi field, but this works like a charm.

Comment

Originally posted by kayakbabe View Post
                          [B]WISHLIST the wishlist templates don't make sense
                          Your components are up to date, but I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for. From what you've said, it seems more like you're looking for the Wish List Items Layout, rather than the Wish List Layout component... Wish List Layout simply lists out the wish lists (not any of their items, just the list itself). If you have multiple wish lists linked to your account, or you're searching for a wish list amongst the public wish lists on a store... this is what displays a link to view each of those individual lists. The Wish List Items Layout, on the other hand, is displayed when you're viewing an actual wish list (so it has all the product names, quantity, price, etc etc etc).

As for the advanced mode vs point and click mode... Switching between the two (without modifying things) results in an identical template for me, so... I'm not really sure what you're referencing there.

Again, Wish List Layout (cmp-cssui-wishlists) is just a way to list available wish lists, not a loader of all the products contained within each wish list. The available fields within the foreach loop for each wish list here is:

bill_fname: (Customer's First Name)
                          bill_lname: (Customer's Last Name)
                          id: (ID of the wish list)
                          cust_id: (ID of the customer)
                          title: (Title of the wish list)
                          notes: (Notes for the wish list -- ie, a description of the wish list)
                          shared: (Whether this wish list is private or public/shared)

If that isn't what your actual question was, or the above was completely unhelpful, let me know (maybe with some screenshots and a little more detail as to what you're attempting to accomplish?) and we'll get it sorted out :)

Ryan
                          Ryan Guisewite
                          Lead UI Developer / Miva, Inc.
                          www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Foresman View Post

Hi Bruce,

-Eric
                            ok...guess i just need to get into the habit of back spacing when the form pops up. (and yea, chrome autocomplete is a real mess these days. half the time it pops in the wrong info especially on passwords.)
                            Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                            phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by AHerb View Post

Yeah, autocomplete is a big disaster.

So to force "disable" the autocomplete with guarantee on one of our projects, we're faking the input names with random values (every page load it's a new value). Before the submit, javascript actually fixes the names to those we're expecting to get. Real names are passed as additional form attributes.

Don't know if you guys want to try something like that for the Yubi field, but this works like a charm.
                              Yea, had to do the same with a jquery CC input widget. I just append the session id to the name field, then strip it out before processing the actual value entered...the fun of being a web developer never ends.
                              Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
                              X