Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the Affiliate module write cookies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lesliekirk
    replied
    Originally posted by William Davis View Post

I miss all of Viking Coders solutions, they were rock solid. To this day some of his solutions have not been replaced that we could use and have gone without and/or settled for less.
    Viking Coders is still around and are keeping a number of their modules up to date.

Leave a comment:

• William Davis
    replied
    Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
    Mike @ mikeworks.com built us a replacement for an outside affiliate module. Its cookie based. Not sure how easy it would be to add to another miva site, but you could ask. (BTW: that's mike as in Mike Brock, the original viking coder.
    I miss all of Viking Coders solutions, they were rock solid. To this day some of his solutions have not been replaced that we could use and have gone without and/or settled for less.

Leave a comment:

• Bruce - PhosphorMedia
    replied
    Mike @ mikeworks.com built us a replacement for an outside affiliate module. Its cookie based. Not sure how easy it would be to add to another miva site, but you could ask. (BTW: that's mike as in Mike Brock, the original viking coder.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied
    No it hasn't been touched

Leave a comment:

• harpkit
    replied
    Was the native affiliate module updated with Miva 10 to use cookies?

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied
    Yeah they're up to date on everything (it's not the same guys as 20 years ago) but it's Alex from eMediaSales who bought them out and consolidated everything under that brand.

Leave a comment:

• gsam
    replied
    Yes, they are still around and they are installing the Affiliate module now.

Leave a comment:

• William Davis
    replied
    Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
    No the built in affiliate system is not cookie based and is very long in the tooth.

VikingCoders has a good affiliate system that uses cookies and I'd recommend.
    Are they still around, do their modules work on M9?

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied
    No the built in affiliate system is not cookie based and is very long in the tooth.

VikingCoders has a good affiliate system that uses cookies and I'd recommend.

Leave a comment:

• gsam
    started a topic Does the Affiliate module write cookies?

Does the Affiliate module write cookies?

Does the current Affiliate module write cookies on the customer's computer?

If a customer reaches my site through an affiliate link and days later returns directly to my site, will the Affiliate still receive a commission? If so how long does the link between the customer and store last/.
Working...
X