Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Review Baskets Module - Questions

Hello,

I recently installed the Review Baskets module.

1. I notice that the dates on the baskets are off by two days (fast). So, today I noticed a basket created and the date was Feb 3, 2019. Our orders always come in with the correct dates and times.
    2. A couple of days ago there were hundreds of baskets created; one every two minutes or so. Would this be due to a DoS or is there something else that could be happening?

TIA,
    Robin
    ---------------------------------
    Robin McDermott, CQE
    Director of Training
    QualityTrainingPortal.com

The dates being in the future 2 days is caused by either the MailChimp module for abandoned carts or Miva's abandoned cart functionality. Both will push the last updated date out by 2 days so that when you're abandoned basket email gets sent, the basket still exists.

For the second issue, it is likely bots (crawlers). Each time a crawler hits the site (such as google) it creates a new basket for each page hit, because those tools are't able to accept cookies so Miva things each page hit is a new shopper. We have an updated coming in March (9.13) which solves this issue. We don't create the basket until its actually needed such as when a product is actually added to the cart.

Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Would that update affect things like "<mvt:if expr="g.basket:cust_id"> ?
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thanks for the explanation.
        ---------------------------------
        Robin McDermott, CQE
        Director of Training
        QualityTrainingPortal.com

Comment

Working...
        X