Defer Creation of Empty Baskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defer Creation of Empty Baskets

I thought that v9.13 would stop the creation of empty baskets. I still have empty baskets being created almost constantly - sometimes several empty baskets per second.

On a normal basis, I have over 400,000 baskets in the database. (even though I delete baskets that are over 1 week old).

I have clicked the checkbox in Store>Settings, but this does not have any effect.

I think that all of these empty baskets are probably having an adverse effect on my store efficiency, but support does not seem too concerned about it.

Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks,

Bob Fleming
    www.chicksaddlery.com

Its possible you have a module or a custom basket field being used globally which would still create a basket on every page hit. The most common case I've seen is a global custom basket field is being used on the site to collect some data. Often times this can either be removed or converted into a cookie which allows yo to take advantage of the deferred baskets functionality. I can have your AM reachout and help get this sorted out.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

I guess I'm not so much worried about the baskets themselves, as I am about the possible performance hit. Do you think that the existence of all of these empty baskets is a problem?

Comment

Working...
      X