Advanced Price Groups > Customer with multiple groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advanced Price Groups > Customer with multiple groups

I need a little help with some advanced Price Groups stuff.

We have a customer 'ABR' who is a member of three price groups. The first is a Legacy price group 'ABR Cost Plus' with several discounted products that they get at 15% over cost. The second is 'ABR Fixed Pricing' which is a 'Specific Sale Price'/'Specific Customer' group which has some products they get at a fixed price. I left this group with zero values and entered the fixed prices on each products page in admin. Then finally ABR is also a member of a 'Paint 10%' which is of type 'Product Discount'/Specific Customers which they and a few other customers get. This one is 10% of retail for specific products.

I set the specific customers, and also added ABR to a Business Group since they have a couple accounts that log in. I assigned both ABR's Business Group and individual customers accounts to these Price Groups.

I set each Price Group to 'Exclude for Same Item' so they couldn't inadvertantly get multiple discounts on a same product and I double-checked that the products I tested weren't in more than one Price Group.

Each one of these price groups works when I assign customer ABR to only one of them but with all 3 only the 'Paint 10%' group is being assigned. I can change which one is assigned by changing its priority but I cannot get all 3 to work even though each has different products assigned.
    Last edited by habreu; 06-13-19, 08:58 AM.

Okay by setting different priorities

1) 100 for ABR Cost Plus
    2) 200 for ABR Fixed Pricing
    3) 300 for Paint 10%

I can get Price Groups 2 & 3 to show (ABR Fixed Pricing and Paint 10% respectively) but the 'ABR Cost Plus' Legacy price group still won't show its price with the other two items.

If I set 'ABR Cost Plus' to a higher priority than the other 2 only the ABR Cost Plus works, the other two get no discounts. Looks like the Legacy price group rules the roost.
    Last edited by habreu; 06-13-19, 09:19 AM.

Comment

I feel like I'm talking to myself here but anyway when I set the number 2 & 3 price groups above to 'Allow Combination' with the Legacy price group number 1, then it works. Not sure if this is a bug. I'll just have to be careful there are no items in that group that are in other groups.

Comment

As a work-around, you can replace the legacy discount with a Specific Sale Price to get the same number. The only downside is that, whenever you change the cost for one of the products, you'll need to also update the discount setting; it won't automatically track the change in the Cost field.

If you want a more robust solution, I can provide a discount module with a cost-plus feature, so you can get the same behavior without using a legacy discount. That would be pretty quick and inexpensive, since I can use one of the discount modules in the LSK as a starting point.

But actually, there may be a way to get the desired result just by changing some settings. Maybe someone with more knowledge of price-group interactions will jump in here.
        Kent Multer
        Magic Metal Productions
        http://TheMagicM.com
        * Web developer/designer
        * E-commerce and Miva
        * Author, The Official Miva Web Scripting Book -- available on-line:
        http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...icmetalproducA

Comment

I can work around it now that I know what's going on as it is only the one customer we are using that Legacy discount with. If we find ourselves using it more often then I will reach out.

As for getting the same result with other settings I have been trying but no luck. I reported it as a possible bug. Thanks for your response.

Comment

Working...
          X