X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eldon99
    replied
    In "Order Processing" or "Review Baskets", I created an advanced search for a specific product and saved the search. (e.g. show orders with TST-123 products in them)

The issue is when I go back to the "Order Processing" or "Review Baskets" and bring up that saved search. It works as expected, but if I try to edit the search, the "Product_Code" box is hidden, and you have to click on the "Product Contains" dropdown and reset it for it to show again. (screenshot attached)
    advanced-search.jpg

Leave a comment:

• oliverands
    replied
    Seems I've uncovered a bug (or maybe just not understanding documentation correctly) in the TaxJar v. 1.0006 module that's available now in the app store.

I only have nexus in one state, and I only want transactions from that state sent to TaxJar to calculate sales tax. According to the module documentation, I should be able to do this by setting up my one nexus region in Miva (which I have done) and then selecting this option for nexus region in the module's configuration:

Calculate Using TaxJar Configured Nexus Regions: With this setting Miva will make a tax API call for only the Nexus Regions located in the Miva Merchant TaxJar Nexus tab batch list that are also in the TaxJar control panel.
    But when I use this configuration, every transaction is sent from Miva to TaxJar. And in the TaxJar control panel, new nexus regions are automatically created in my account based on the transactions uploaded from Miva--even though I don't have nexus in these states. (UPDATE: It appears that these might be marketplace sales imported into Miva where Amazon has collected and is responsible for remitting sales tax, but TaxJar is now showing me as having a nexus and liability in these states.)

I've just tried changing the module configuration to use this one instead. Will see if that gives me what I am wanting:

Calculate Using Miva Merchant Configured Nexus Regions: With this setting Miva will make a tax API call for Nexus Regions from the Miva Merchant Tax Jar Nexus tab allowing the use of multiple international Nexus Regions. Important: This option must be selected if you wish to support multiple international locations. These locations are sent to TaxJar using the "nexus_addresses" parameter.
    UPDATE: OK, perhaps I hadn't understood terminology correctly. Even with the change in calculation option, all transactions are still being sent to TaxJar. But TaxJar is showing under my usage two things--order transactions and SmartCalcs API calculations. It is showing calculations that match sales in my nexus region. So perhaps it's the case that the module sends ALL transactions but the option for how calculations are done determines whether or not a calculation is done on a transaction that is sent. If that's the case, it's a different approach than I'm used to with Avalara which only sends transactions if the sale is in a nexus region. And if that's the case, it's a bit troubling because TaxJar costs are based on transactions per month. And this method counts ALL transactions (even foreign sales), not just transactions in nexus regions. So users are potentially overpaying for TaxJar services. (For example, for this month so far, I'm showing 52 TaxJar transactions, but only 1 API calculation. So I'm paying for 51 transactions that are not in my nexus region when I really only needed to use TaxJar on 1 transaction.)

Last edited by oliverands; 03-03-20, 03:29 AM. Reason: Two updates based on additional information.

Leave a comment:

• kayakbabe
    replied
    What you are saying is ringing a bell. Some memory about having to have a compiled script do this. I know it was sometime before 2010 when we started doing this. It could have been several years before. That's the earliest mention in my email archive that I can find talking about it.
    It is also possible that no one actually checked after changing display order or that no one used the display order in a very very long time.

Thanks for clearing that up.These stores can get so complicated over time and then convoluted with so many hands working in them. I'm going to rewrite the templates. It's definitely time. LOL.

Leave a comment:

• dcarver
    replied
    kayakbabe Both queries for the functions you mentioned have not changed since 2004. Are you positive they ever worked as you described before? Is there any chance someone modified the LSK and put them on your server and an update reset them?

Product_Load_Previous
    2004-08-09 23:43:43) QUERY = "{ 'SELECT * FROM ' $ g.Store_Table_Prefix $ 'Products WHERE disp_order < ? ORDER BY disp_order DESC' }"

Product_Load_Last
    2004-08-09 23:43:43) QUERY = "{ 'SELECT * FROM ' $ g.Store_Table_Prefix $ 'Products ORDER BY disp_order DESC' }">

Leave a comment:

• kayakbabe
    replied
    bug in api call for product_load api functions

These used to both work based upon on product:id
    but now product_load_previous works on display order.. and it doesn't matter if it is display order for everywhere or display order for a particular category.. it just looks at the display order value in the products table.

While
    Product_Load_Last(g.lastprod) still gets the highest product:id in the store...

This doesn't
    Product_Load_Previous(g.thisprod, g.lastprod)
    This appears to get the previous product by display order from g.lastprod.

at least that is how it appears to be working now.

I really need the previous by product id.

For example: add new five products to the store...
    p1, p2, p3, p4, p5

A.
    Product_Load_Last(g.lastprod) gets the last one p5
    Product_Load_Previous(g.thisprod, g.lastprod) gets p4

put load previous into a loop after getting product load last
    Product_Load_Previous(g.thisprod, g.lastprod) gets the previous ones like it should

p4 p3 p2 p1

B.
    go into store admin
    change sort order to make these appear in a category in a different order
    say p3 p4 p2 p5 p1

Product_Load_Last(g.lastprod) gets the last one p5 (expected result)
    Product_Load_Previous(g.thisprod, g.lastprod) gets p2 (WHAT? not what it should be)

put load previous into a loop after getting product load last P5
    Product_Load_Previous(g.thisprod, g.lastprod) gets the previous ones by display order.. not by id
    p2 p4 p3

(and I never ever see p1 because it isn't previous to anything via display order)

can anyone confirm this?

Leave a comment:

• dreamingdigital
    replied
    Eric Foresman If this isn't really a bug then don't worry about it. Plus I prob gave you too much info. Nothing complicated and I'm not trying to break anything. It's just a quirk/bug I noticed. I can send you a link to the dev site in a PM if you want.

Leave a comment:

• Eric Foresman
    replied
    Originally posted by dreamingdigital View Post

I have 4 test products in my demo store. 2 of them have Size attributes. 4 of them have Size and Color attributes. All are radio buttons. All attributes are variants and sum of parts. Utility standard facet settings has checkbox for attributes enabled. The attribute facets show up just fine on CTGY and SRCH with the attribute prompt but disappear if I change the facet name in the Catalog facet rules. I had this happen on a live site and didn't know what was going on because there was a lot of other things. So while working on my dev site I decided to figure out what was happening there too. I have no idea why you can't break this. But maybe these settings will help you :)
    so just to be clear, 2 products have a size attribute, and all 4 have both size and color attributes. so the 2 products that have size have two different attributes for size?

-Eric

--Edit--

Hi Colin,

i did some more playing around with this and found the bug, it's related to the Product list caching and so the issue didn't show up for me right away but the attribute facet did eventually disappear.

thanks for letting us know about this issue.

-Eric
    Last edited by Eric Foresman; 01-06-20, 01:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dreamingdigital
    replied
    Originally posted by Eric Foresman View Post

Hi Colin,

i am not seeing that behavior. can you give me more info on how you have the facets setup? I'm using just the default settings (save for the facet name) and viewing the facets on the search page.

-Eric
    I have 4 test products in my demo store. 2 of them have Size attributes. 4 of them have Size and Color attributes. All are radio buttons. All attributes are variants and sum of parts. Utility standard facet settings has checkbox for attributes enabled. The attribute facets show up just fine on CTGY and SRCH with the attribute prompt but disappear if I change the facet name in the Catalog facet rules. I had this happen on a live site and didn't know what was going on because there was a lot of other things. So while working on my dev site I decided to figure out what was happening there too. I have no idea why you can't break this. But maybe these settings will help you :)

Leave a comment:

• Eric Foresman
    replied
    dcarver New one for me: If you give an attribute facet under Catalog > Facet Rules a "Facet Name" then that attribute facet does not show up at all anymore.
    Hi Colin,

i am not seeing that behavior. can you give me more info on how you have the facets setup? I'm using just the default settings (save for the facet name) and viewing the facets on the search page.

-Eric

Leave a comment:

• dreamingdigital
    replied
    dcarver New one for me: If you give an attribute facet under Catalog > Facet Rules a "Facet Name" then that attribute facet does not show up at all anymore.

Leave a comment:

• habreu
    replied
    This has been around awhile and I never reported it assuming it is a known problem but came across it again today and thought I should mention it.

The product export doesn't handle Word specific markup very well (or some specific subset of Word markup). Someone paste in description text with Word markup and I usually clean this up when I see it because I'm not sure what will happen if I import this back in. The description with Word formatting and style section ends up shotgun spattered around - some in the code column, but also bits in other columns after the offending product lines.

Here is a snippet of the csv file in case this is helpful.

CSV

Leave a comment:

• Eric Foresman
    replied
    dcarver Followup on the can't add "custom fields" via the "Select >" Button on Admin > User Interface > Search Preview Settings > Menu Item Template > Custom Fields area. This is still an issue in FireFox and Chrome on Windows 10. Click a custom field on the left column, click "select >" it goes over to the right column. Click the teal "update" button on the top. The page reloads but does not save that custom field selection - it is back in the left column.

EDIT: I can get it to do the expected behavior if after I click the "Select>" button to move the custom field over to the right, I then click on that custom field in the right column to select it. I also gave that edit a name and added a space to the template to trigger a change. Anyways, hope that helps.
    Hi Colin

sorry for the wait and confusion, we do already have a bug on this issue and it has been fixed for mm10. part of the problem is that it only happens when that tab is in advanced mode and not "point + click" mode.

Hope this helps

-Eric

Leave a comment:

• dreamingdigital
    replied
    dcarver Followup on the can't add "custom fields" via the "Select >" Button on Admin > User Interface > Search Preview Settings > Menu Item Template > Custom Fields area. This is still an issue in FireFox and Chrome on Windows 10. Click a custom field on the left column, click "select >" it goes over to the right column. Click the teal "update" button on the top. The page reloads but does not save that custom field selection - it is back in the left column.

EDIT: I can get it to do the expected behavior if after I click the "Select>" button to move the custom field over to the right, I then click on that custom field in the right column to select it. I also gave that edit a name and added a space to the template to trigger a change. Anyways, hope that helps.
    Last edited by dreamingdigital; 12-05-19, 01:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• joshpappas
    replied
    Not sure if this is a bug, but when a customer adds a product to their basket from a wish list, then adds it again separately from the product listing, it ends up listed in the basket twice. This can lead to confusion about how many have been ordered if the customer or our sales staff don't notice that the item is on the order multiple times.

Leave a comment:

• dreamingdigital
    replied
    I'm going to put this in the bug post because it's totally in a spot that makes no sense.

The checkbox that triggers the runtime.js to be defer/async --- yeah, that. --- yes there is docs.
    https://docs.miva.com/how-to-guides/deferred-javascript

Why? is the checkbox toggle for defer / async of the core miva JavaScript on THAT search settings screen!?? Please, move it to the domain settings > Site config > Javascript section. Ugg... wow.... sorry.

I had to fight mysterious browser issues in Chrome of all things until I realized the version of Shadows I checked out had this checkbox on by default and the scripts that I needed to be timed properly were async and I didn't know cause that checkbox is hidden in the Search settings page.

Rant over. Sorry. This change will be better for everyone else other than me. I already know where this checkbox is hidden.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X